• Register Today It's free!

New and need some help

supbud

Reaction score
City, State
Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport trac
hey im josh im from alabama and i just recently bought a black 2001 ford sport trac 2wd with 123,000 miles on it. so far i have added a 49 inch led brake light bar and i have clear corners on order i should be getting anyday now there is more too come for it . but im having a few problems with it as expected with a used vehicle.
it did not come with a owners manual so im kinda lost on the fuse box since its numbered. also i have already locked the keys in it with it running because as soon as i cranked it the doors lock and by habit i just shut door and wasnt thinking while i was looking under the hood (i have a spare key now) but is there any way i can get it to not lock when i first crank it??
another problem thats a bit annoying i can go to crank it some times and it will not do a thing and the theft light will come on but i can take my remote press lock and unlock and once it is unlocked it will crank i dunno if thats something with the anti theft or what??
and for the final thing for now...when i turn or hit a bump the front it has a awful squeaking noise but i dunno where to start with it i dunno if i should get front shocks or lower ball joint or tie rod ends or what. i did notice it does have inside tire wear......any suggestions would be great!!! thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Owner's guide online

The owner's guide is available online for free download in pdf format at OWNER Just answer the three questions regarding your year and model.

The owner's guide explains how to disable the automatic door lock feature and the anti-theft system. It also includes a fuse panel diagram.

For the front end noise check the condition of your anti-sway bar links.

Hi welcome to explorerforum. Enjoy your stay here.

thank you very much

Back