New explorer to the pack | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New explorer to the pack

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats on the buy!

Nice looking Explorer! Did you get them to drop the price further? Sounds like you got a great buy

Nice, you got the tow package with the 4.0 which means you got the better rear end gearing in my mind.

What is everyone's opinion on a extended warranty. Does anyone have any experiance with one?

Yeah it was 12k when I first looked at it. I got them to move a little but not much. I have been looking for years for the right one.

What is everyone's opinion on a extended warranty. Does anyone have any experiance with one?

I had Ford's extended warrantee up to 5 years (only had to use it twice), but after that when I looked into buying another 3 years on it I felt like it was not going to be worth it since I would have the time and resources to fix the issues myself and I am most likely going to be upsizing in the next year.
Ford's extended warrantees are good for what you get covered and the deductibles are reasonable for the expense of the typical repair that needs to be done. If you feel like you need an extended warrantee on the vehicle I would only purchase the coverage through Ford.

Back