new jeep | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new jeep

this was the day after my mom got her brand new jeep a 50+ thousand dollar car because she got mopar performance it has a 5.7 liter hemi.. its got more balls than anything i have been in stock..
but she took it to our camp ground and got it stuck it had about 300 miles on it.. she drives for a living so the lifetime warrenty was a need its 3 months old and has twenty thousand miles on it.. and she JUST hit a deer with it yesterday lol.. her company reinburses her fully.. she is a box sales manager. just for proof that this car has balls i took a c5 z06 out at about 150 mph on the high way... he couldnt keep up acceleration wise..
here is it stuck..

0410081914c.jpg

0410081914.jpg

0410081916.jpg

then right after she hit a deer
0801080741b.jpg

twenty miles an hour
it pushed the head light back the lower front bumper came off pushed the grill back front left quarter panel is pushed out.. bumper is dented cracked the grill and killed the deer... at 20... 1300 in damage

and here is it after it hit a deer...

and all of these taken from my phone so idk the quality its just a pos lg venus.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

cuz they are wimpy soccer mom heeps now:thumbdwn:

Actually, I think it's the whole line. I test drove a stock Wr@ng1er and was disappointed. It had no pull off the line, even when I popped the clutch by accident (at least that's what I told the dealer ;) ). When I test drove my Explorer Sport, I loved it. It pulls off the line and has great power too.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it wasnt a jeep.. but one of those daytona rams with the 5.7 tried pullin on me on the interestate while i was driving my 97 302, it was a joke. i know the truck is huge but i have 155K miles on a stock motor.. must be the 100 hp i gained from MSD coil packs.

how many (percentage would be more than sufficient) of Sam's posts are simply, "welcome dude," statements.

possibly all of them. idk if i have ever seen a post from him that i have really learned anything from.

Wow, what a thread.

he said that Heep did a 12.8? lol..... it's a Heep Nuff said..

it seems like such an odd place to get stuck lol

i have a friend of mine that has a srt-8 grand cherokee n/a and that thing will do 160 easy. i personally saw the speedo. i think it has a 7.0 hemi in it.

i have a friend of mine that has a srt-8 grand cherokee n/a and that thing will do 160 easy. i personally saw the speedo. i think it has a 7.0 hemi in it.

It will do 160, but not that easy, the pickup is fast but then after it hits that mark, you're going to need a long road to get it up to 160...

not to burst anyones bubble but the 5.7L hemi will outpull a 6.1L if anyone knows anything, if anything mopar was done to this engine they would have done a free breathing intake and exhaust, reflash the fuel map, eliminate the red lines, changed the shift pattern, and probably a lot more computer related stuff that i havent figured out yet for obvious reasons, im not a mopar worker. but since a stock srt-8 cherokee only runs a 13.8 at 102 quarter its not hard to believe that a 5.7 having the ability to rev higher and quicker with less mass could accelerate the lighter jeep to the same area or faster.

just my 2 cents, im not against ford or for chrysler, i just love building things and engines are the top thing to contemplate in my book

im actually givin the go ahead on my friends ram when he gets a different car, im going to find someone to sleeve it without boring it, drop the rotating mass, higher compression ratio (im thinking around 12.5/13:1 on E85) advance the fuel timing, custom build ITB's and free flow the intake and exhaust on it. with any luck were looking just shy of 500hp NA on what would be roughly a 4.5-5.0L v8

Wow, what a thread.

haha agreed, this is the first thread i think i've ever taken the time to read every part of every post lol..........friggin' great

Back