New member- new ACM? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New member- new ACM?

Jetbs

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 ford explorer xlt
Just joined this forum and hope to get some advice. Purchased used 2013 explorer xlt just out of warranty. When driving home from dealer, Sirius xm channels all worked fine and then stopped which I assumed just was canceled subscription. Am/fm Radio and phone sync still work fine.

Signed up for new Sirius account and after repeated signal attempts they gave up and sent me to dealer. Still gets the preview channel but no other channels. Dealer says new ACM required for $700. Does this sound right? Could it have failed like that coincidentally?

Would appreciate any advice?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Jetbs.:wave:
Not entirely sure what ACM is. I thought perhaps Audio Control Module? Accessory Control Module?

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Jetbs.:wave:
Not entirely sure what ACM is. I thought perhaps Audio Control Module? Accessory Control Module?

Peter
The diagnosis was:Audio control module is not relaying signal and needs replacement. Apparently it is the whole radio cd module. Just seems weird when the rest of the radio seems to work fine including the Sirius preview channel. It is a different dealer since it was bought out of town.

Double and triple check the ESN and make sure Sirius has it right.

Odds are high the dealer is either incompetent or committing fraud. The preview channel is a sign it works. I tend to agree with jmr061 that it's most likely an administrative, ESN tied to license issue on Sirius' end.

IF you were to get the dealer involved, they can (probably would) go behind your back and activate the ESN then not tell you about it or imply that was an additional step needed instead of that being the only step that was actually needed w/o any hardware replaced. Based on what the dealer said so far, I would not take a vehicle there again.

Have you tried online activation like this: ?

https://care.siriusxm.com/retailrefresh_view.action
https://www.siriusxm.com/activationhelp

Thanks for the suggestions. It's my son car and after his attempts I tried before taking it to the dealer so I'm pretty sure we used the correct ESN but I didn't think Sirius might have it wrong. If that doesn't work I'll probably try the battery disconnect. With it being a new purchased used car I wouldn't think the memory settings would matter much based on the link above. Thanks again.

Just joined this forum and hope to get some advice. Purchased used 2013 explorer xlt just out of warranty. When driving home from dealer, Sirius xm channels all worked fine and then stopped which I assumed just was canceled subscription. Am/fm Radio and phone sync still work fine.

Signed up for new Sirius account and after repeated signal attempts they gave up and sent me to dealer. Still gets the preview channel but no other channels. Dealer says new ACM required for $700. Does this sound right? Could it have failed like that coincidentally?

Would appreciate any advice?
I know this post is really old, but I'm dealing with the exact same problem with my 2015 F150. I swapped out the Sync 2 system with a Sync 3 (pretty much plug and play) and now the SiriusXM radio will not activate. I know the radio was active about a year ago, but after a week of calling SiriusXM about it, I'm not sure what else to do outside of replacing the ACM. Did you ever get this figured out? Thanks for any insight!

I know this post is really old, but I'm dealing with the exact same problem with my 2015 F150. I swapped out the Sync 2 system with a Sync 3 (pretty much plug and play) and now the SiriusXM radio will not activate. I know the radio was active about a year ago, but after a week of calling SiriusXM about it, I'm not sure what else to do outside of replacing the ACM. Did you ever get this figured out? Thanks for any insight!

what antenna setup did you use for the Sync3 upgrade? Did you do anything with the satellite radio antenna setup that was originally in the vehicle or has it remained untouched?

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
FYI, the member you quoted was last seen here on July 17, 2016.

Peter

what antenna setup did you use for the Sync3 upgrade? Did you do anything with the satellite radio antenna setup that was originally in the vehicle or has it remained untouched?
If it is truly the "exact same problem", meaning "Still gets the preview channel but no other channels", then the antenna should be working well enough.

Back