New MFT on its way!!! (and headed to existing models too) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New MFT on its way!!! (and headed to existing models too)

Ford of Canada will first require the installation of DOS along with Windows 3.1, Once that is complete, You will be provided with the 234 page document of programming that you will need to enter line by line using Basic from the command prompt.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford of Canada will first require the installation of DOS along with Windows 3.1, Once that is complete, You will be provided with the 234 page document of programming that you will need to enter line by line using Basic from the command prompt.

In both official languages too!

Is the new software still Flash based or was it moved onto the Silverlight platform?

Sorry, guys! This information hasn't been released yet, so I can't speculate at this time.

Please no flash...Please no flash...Please no flash...

In any event, thanks to the Ford IVT team! Especially for making it driver installable instead of a dealership visit.

;) You're very welcome!

Rebecca

Thanks for the backwards compatibility and the extra step of sending owners a new nav card and USB with the update. This takes me back to the days I was eagerly awaiting for my Explorer order to be fulfilled and one of the points in favor was the ability to update the system. Since my only complaints thus far are MFT bug related (my wife just recently asked me what the buzzing noise was coming from the A Pillar, but it doesn't bother me that much), I am hoping this redesign fixes my problems. In any case, the extra step here of sending owners the update is much appreciated.

Any idea if we will be able to get Nav if we didn't get it at the factory with this new software?

I noticed in all the pictures of the new 8 inch screen layout that the outdoor temperature is missing from the display. It is usually along side the menu and clock readout at the top middle part of the screen ?

I noticed in all the pictures of the new 8 inch screen layout that the outdoor temperature is missing from the display. It is usually along side the menu and clock readout at the top middle part of the screen ?

Hhhhmmmm........I hope you can display it somewhere?

For all naysayers, there you have it!!!! :)

;) Well, I've been a naysayer and I'll be convinced that this is truly the fix when I actually see things fixed. So far what I see are the same screens with less data displayed on each, and a promise that it'll be faster and won't crash. 2.11 was supposed to do that too.

I give Ford full marks here for at least trying to do something, but I'm still in the "I'll believe it when it really works" camp. No more reboots and black screens? We'll see.

This is on all 4 of the screens on the right gauge display. I never even noticed it was on the MFT screen till someone mentioned it in another thread.

Did they take away our ability to have custom backgrounds? I really liked have a custom picture on the screen, with just the song info in the corner.

I'm glade to see the four corners still there, however, she mentions that they went from two lines of info to one. I hope I can still see song artist and title in the corner while I have a different source selected!

I would like to see a screen shot of what the "replay" screen for Sirius looks like.

Excited for better navigation for sure!

It says that 2013 models will start shipping with the new MFT software. Any word on when/if newly-built 2012 models will have the new MFT pre-installed?

It says that 2013 models will start shipping with the new MFT software. Any word on when/if newly-built 2012 models will have the new MFT pre-installed?

My reading of it suggests that it won't be released until the 2013 models go into production, and that 2011/2012 owners will receive updates at that time. I'm guessing that 2012 models won't ever have a factory install on new builds, though its possible I've misinterpreted the press release.

My reading of it suggests that it won't be released until the 2013 models go into production, and that 2011/2012 owners will receive updates at that time. I'm guessing that 2012 models won't ever have a factory install on new builds, though its possible I've misinterpreted the press release.

It's supposed to be released Q1 2012. Surely they'll be making 2012 Explorers in Q2. I wouldn't expect 2013 production till 2013 (again, on the Explorer). The Escape is a different matter entirely since it's a new design.

It's supposed to be released Q1 2012. Surely they'll be making 2012 Explorers in Q2. I wouldn't expect 2013 production till 2013 (again, on the Explorer). The Escape is a different matter entirely since it's a new design.

You're probably right. I based my response on this PDF to dealers:

"Concurrent with the 2013MY vehicle launches early next year, we’re planning to mail a USB flash drive with the software to owners of 2011 Explorer, Edge, 2012 Focus and 2011 Lincoln MKX for self- installation. Owners will also be able to visit their local dealer and have the software Performance Upgrade installed."

Not sure when the various models move to 2013. The 2012 EX may well still be in production when other 13's are being launched. I'd not hold my breath for Q1 though. Nothing against Ford here, it's just that software releases never seem to make the originally announced timetable. Q1 generally means mid summer in software-speak. :rolleyes:

It's supposed to be released Q1 2012. Surely they'll be making 2012 Explorers in Q2. I wouldn't expect 2013 production till 2013 (again, on the Explorer).
If Ford follows the same timetable as it did this year, the 2013 model will likely go into production around September 2012.

Hey guys I have a little insider info with regards to approximent release dates and the 2013MY vehicles

The 2012 Explorer build year was short 1/2 year, the 2013 will be released early January along with the 2013 Taurus in the Chicago Assembly Plant (CAP).

The Next Generation Police Interceptor (NGPI) Sedan and Utility are 2013MY and they will be in production end of December 2011 or beginning of January 2012 depending on how things go at CAP. The retail Explorer and Taurus are on the same line as the Interceptor versions.

russell,

I can't speculate on what features will/will not be on the Performance Upgrade, but like w1kedz stated below, you can view it in the right cluster on your dash.

This is on all 4 of the screens on the right gauge display. I never even noticed it was on the MFT screen till someone mentioned it in another thread.

Also, I just want to throw this out there for everyone: the video and pictures that we have released are just a sneak peek. Screens may vary once the software is released. Please keep an eye on SyncMyRide.com in the coming months for new information on the Performance Upgrade.

Rebecca

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any idea if we will be able to get Nav if we didn't get it at the factory with this new software?

Hi, Fredridge!

Navigation still has to be factory installed while the vehicles are being built.

Rebecca

Back