new new new hand laid body kit (ideas- help me!) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new new new hand laid body kit (ideas- help me!)

expo5.0

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Red Wing, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 xlt
well, i'm doing it all again.

rollpan shape is set (not quite done, but set)

side skirts are set

front bumper is not at all. My sketch is too tall, but this is my idea. what do you think?

Attachments

• bumpersketch.JPG
    bumpersketch.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 1,131
  • IMG_0529.JPG
    IMG_0529.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,144
  • IMG_0530.JPG
    IMG_0530.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 1,284

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well, no one seems to care yet

here is another picture though with a slight update.

Attachments

• bumpersketchcolor.JPG
    bumpersketchcolor.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 1,230

Looks like a BMW Cross-over....its not bad but im not a big body kit suv fan either (think it should be a rice only opition and half the time they look like **** on those too) i haven't seen an suv that has looked good with a body kit they all look crappy too me.

do you think my side skirts and rollpan look ricey?

if you do no big deal, i'm just wondering

the front bumper looks taller than i want it to be in the pictures. I dont consider mine at all ricey (i am trying to make the truck look like it was a factory kit- just circa 2005 rather than 1995)

nah dude i like the side skirts and the rollpan i just didnt like the front too much (looks to "german" too me maybe) don't take me wrong i think it looks good and you do AMAZING work also just not a big fan of body kits probably cause all the civic/honda kids near me have them and the only body kits i see on SUV's tend to be like "holla at yur boy" type trucks like escalades and such but the side skirts and back look good and doesn't look "ricey" at all sorry if i sounded like i was calling it ricey didnt mean it.

going to do the bmw frill afterall then?

cool. i was just wondering if you thought the rest was ricey. i plan on making it flow well with the other stuff.

here it is now

Attachments

• IMG_0522.JPG
    IMG_0522.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,058

dang mine just need a little body work, when you coming over?
I respect the work you are doing and I like your sketch's for sure. Anything one off like this gets my vote.

i will buy all your old stock parts, front clip :)

Looks good to me!

Yeah I think the sketches look good as well I don't know if I like the red though :D

red was just the colored pencil of choice. it was between that and baby blue.

my truck will still be mostly white.

it would look extremly good it if was a little shorter like you say its going to be, maybe you could flip the fog light section upside down, so the arch is on the bottom.

I like it.. and I'm sure everyone would like to see how your project progresses from the start to the finish.. The Details and pics make it very interesting...

when are you shavin' the doors/hatch? i still see handles ;)

i'm leaving the door handles

hatch will be done pretty soon now

btw- as for selling any of the stock pieces or the pieces i have now.

as you can see i already have the grille/headlights of my sketch so they are staying.

for the lower bumper- unless someone wants to buy this one from me (i could repair it as it is) and trade me their stock bumper as well...
i'll just be grinding whats there now way down and then building up from there into the new shape. I like having the stock steel bumper inside of the glass work for safety reasons.

the more i look at your new grille, the more i see a 1st generation olds bravada... am i the only one thinking this? still looks freaking amazing though! great job!

here are a couple new ones

rollpan has come along a bit too.

Attachments

• IMG_0592.JPG
    IMG_0592.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 919
  • IMG_0591.JPG
    IMG_0591.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 907
  • IMG_0590.JPG
    IMG_0590.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 2,504

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

couple more

Attachments

• IMG_0593.JPG
    IMG_0593.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 936
  • IMG_0595.JPG
    IMG_0595.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 913
  • IMG_0596.JPG
    IMG_0596.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 928

Back