New pics- got my clear corners today! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New pics- got my clear corners today!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good dude. I like it better then the ranger. The paint is in so good for a 7 year old truck. KEEP ON WAXEN!!!
Lata

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Originally posted by RU MAN
Looks good dude. I like it better then the ranger. The paint is in so good for a 7 year old truck. KEEP ON WAXEN!!!
Lata

Thanks, I like it a ton better, too... a few more coats of Zaino, and the paint will be up to my standards. Kept my Ranger in absolutely PERFECT condition, washed it at least twice a week... needless to say, I'm pretty **** about keeping my vehicles looking good. Although I will leave mud from a day of boggin' on there for a day or two now... hehe

For those interested, here's my Ranger... at one point it had a 3" front/4" rear drop, 17" Eagle Alloys, billet grille, clear corners, roll pan, sport mirrors, and several other little extras... yeah yeah, I had a lowered truck, rag on me all you want. ;)
1new3.jpg

It would do a helluva burnout, too... The 4.0L would move pretty quick in a little truck like that, too bad I can't say the same about my Explorer... :p
4.jpg

Like I said, I like my Explorer a LOT more than my Ranger, it's a lot more truck for the money... I can have a lot more fun since it's 4 wheel drive, too. :)

Wow, that is one bad ass Explorer. Sits perfect.
What kind of engine mods does your ranger have?
Both are great lookin trucks.

I guess you like your Zaino- a lot better than anything else? (looks like it)

Originally posted by Big Poppa
Wow, that is one bad ass Explorer. Sits perfect.
What kind of engine mods does your ranger have?
Both are great lookin trucks.

I guess you like your Zaino- a lot better than anything else? (looks like it)

Thanks for the compliments...

The Ranger had the 4.0L with a custom K&N open-air intake, which really freed up the rev's... didn't get any more mods done before I sold it, I was planning on a Superchip, JBA headers, and a Flowmaster 40 series, but I sold it in February and bought my Explorer.

Zaino is the best I've ever used... easy to apply, and amazing results- the shine gets better with each coat. I sound like a frickin' salesman ;)

Big Derk,

I dig your clears on the X. I wanna get some for my Blue '92. I think those blue turn signals would look good with it. Did they come with the lenses, or did you buy blue bulbs separately (sorry if that's a dumb question, but you never know till you ask!!). If separate, what kind of bulbs are they and where'd you get em??

Matt

Originally posted by FitzMatt
Big Derk,

I dig your clears on the X. I wanna get some for my Blue '92. I think those blue turn signals would look good with it. Did they come with the lenses, or did you buy blue bulbs separately (sorry if that's a dumb question, but you never know till you ask!!). If separate, what kind of bulbs are they and where'd you get em??

Matt

The lenses didn't come with bulbs. Right now I have superwhite bulbs in the side part (size is 194), and blue APC bulbs in the main turn signal. I'm gonna get some superwhite 3157's for the main turn bulb, because I'm tired of being paranoid if a cop is gonna see the turns or not, and they stand out a bit more than I'd like. Oh, and most auto accessory places will have colored bulbs, you might have to ask them if they can order some, but most can get them for you.

how can you have white bulbs for the turn signal? especially the main one?

Matt

hey fitzmatt in santa clara, they are legal to have white in alifornia hold on a minute and i will go and get the cvc #. (cvc= cali vehicle code)

24609. any vehicle may be equipped with white or amber reflectors upon the front of the vehicle, but they shall be mounted not lower than 15 inches nor higher than 60 inches.
this is for front clears in california

24953. (a) any turn signal system used to give a signal of intention to turn right or left shall project a white or amber light visible to the front or a red or amber light visible to the rear.
this is for the signals in Ca

Originally posted by FitzMatt
how can you have white bulbs for the turn signal? especially the main one?

Matt

You can still see it, and it won't cause as much hassle as a blue bulb would... may not technically be "legal", but I had white bulbs in my Ranger clears and was never bothered.

hey derek. nice truck...if you were in california the white would be legal...check out my above posts

Jimabena,

How would my stock bulbs look with clears? I am gonna get clears, should I buy: amber, blue (will I get hassled?), stick with stock white, or buy new whites?

Also, did you get my reply on where I live? San Tomas and El Camino, really close to where you work, we gotta get together!!

Matt

whoa you are a block or two away from my work.....i would get different Whites because the stock ones will look brown..dont get the blues the cops will ticket you specially up in sc+sj.....trust me i see civics and stuff always getting pulled over at the montague races for equip violations.....i keep the cvc book in my car just in case a cop wants to hassle me.....i have plasma yellow piaa 194 corner markers and apc yellow 3157 for the turns...love the piaas and wish they had a light that was close to them in color in 3157s. the piaas are really yellow and the apcs are orange

Doesnt that whole yellow/orange thing look weird? Should I do that or go with new whites?

the yellow/orange does look wierd but i rather have that than need to prove to the cop that they are legal.....i keep my cvc book in the back and it takes awhile to get out. so i rateher it just be wierd than get hassled at all.

go with the clears if you want to..its your truck and your decision.....i personally would like the clears but i dont want to stand out more than i already do.....i have had some very bad experiences with cops that practice racial profiling. i am dark skinned so they see me driving an explorer and go hmmm...its probably stolen....because it is a suv and has dents on it......suv owners always get their cars fixed immediately......i have had some good experiences with cops though just not as many

Jim,

Sorry bout the whole cop thing...

I am gonna go with clear lenses, but am unsure about the bulbs. I think I wanna get white, or would that look totally weird? For the amber bulbs (still with clears) is it possible to get the same color bulb in both parts, or will I have to do the orange/yellow thing?

yes it is very possible...i had matching orangy bulbs that came with my lenses and they were fine...they looked good together i just want to see if the piaas were any good so i got them.......i like them tho, they make it stand out wierdly like that!

Jim,

I appreciate your help with all these questions...2 more!!

Clear lenses for sure. Have to decide between amber and white for bulbs. Only thing I am worried about with amber is at night, because they will be on with the headlights. Are the orange bulbs with clear lenses as fully orange as what I have now (stock) or is it just a little bulb that is orange while the rest is clear??

Moving to the back of my X, I would like to mount two rectangular lights on the roof rack (facing backward obviously). I just want them for some extra light when I need it, we also go camping in the summer I would use them at night to light it up! Any suggestions on a pretty good pair? I dont need anything fancy, just to get the job done for little $$$. Also, these are legal right?? You are the law guy!!

Thank you so much I really do appreciate it!!

Matt

i think they are legal if you dont turn them on to piss off tailgaters....but keep the covers handy just in case. let me see if i can look up the code on that one.

the clears with my apc orange bulbs light up the whole signal area. at night you cant tell them from stock in my opinoin. this is good because the cops cant tell either.

In that case I think I might go with the whites. The whole reason I want clears is because the orange looks terrible with my color combo!

Thanks for the help with the law on those lights in back

Matt

Back