New style of Altezza's for 98-01 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New style of Altezza's for 98-01

Originally posted by Hartman

I think that's just bad reflection. They're GUN METAL!

for real its a puke color, notice in the pic you posted it has a puke color square behind the wording gun metal and those new pics posted...follow the link and notice what color the wording gun metal is emphasized in.

I'm getting the silver housing ones

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I saw 'em on ebay too. I wondered about the gun metal color on account of the background that the word "gun metal" is printed on in the advertisement...it looks like pukey green/gray.

How on earth are you supposed to put on your back up lights?? The blinker's on the top, brake in the middle and reverse on the bottom from the factory-I'm confused :confused:

I'm gonna have to agree with alpha on this one.

Spas, you would just unhook the bulbs from the stock one and reconnect them to the correct hole in the new ones.

Guess you're right about the puke color. OH WELL, I'M GLAD I HAVE A '95. :confused:

Spas, the wires have enough slack in them that you can move the bulbs to different locations ya know. :cool:

D'oh! You'd think I'd remember that from a few weeks ago when I put my strobes in, right? LOL Must be the blonde acting up again ;)

I think I'll hang in there and wait for somebody to come out with carbon fiber or flat black ;)

Thats what I'm waiting for Spas. :chug:

Yeah, so this person got theirs from procarparts.com

184618_3_full.jpg

It's pity the brake light isn't a little bigger on those Procarparts carbons, but other than that, DAMN THEY LOOK GOOD :bounce:

Originally posted by Spas
hrmm..I'm gonna throw in my 2 cents here...
Savage Wolf has a 93 --- he got some very fine pinstriping and carefully lay it out in rows over his tails-it's subtle, but it looks really good! I'll see if I can get him to put up a pic....

Ok, here are the pics of my tail mod, I wanted to black out my rear tails but here in MD blackouts arent legal so insted of wasting money on black outs and tickets, here is what I did, some pin striping, time here is what I ended up with, keep in mind that I did this... ummm '98 i think

The Rear Tail...
Dead Link Removed

Close up of the backup area
Dead Link Removed

Close up of the pinstripe
Dead Link Removed

here you can see how dark the tails are, camera flash (or head lights at night) you cant tell that they are modded

Dead Link Removed

How did you get the lines so straight and close together?

easy... lots of time =) hehehe
really I found pinstripe that was prespaced 4 line, so the only one that was hard to line up was the first one, its about 1/8" stripe with 1/8" space, but you can vary the stripe width and spacing to taste

here is something like what I used =)

pinstripe!

Well Kodeblu form the forum outbid me, I fell asleep and missed the auctions ends. Lucky me because I probably would have outbid him and paid more. I searched for the exact same tails and found a buy now for the exact same price w/ shipping from some other seller with 0 negatives. Worked out in the end. Now I can't wait til they come. I will be posting pics of course you all know that.

Cant wait to see the pics!!:bounce:

So what's up with those carbon fiber ones on page 3 of this post? Are they for the 98+ X's or what? Are those the ones you ordered Spas? I think those look tight on a black X, but all I can find is the chrome ones....?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was gonna buy them, but apparently Procar parts is pretty unreliable...

For the record though, Performance products, whose catalogue I get monthly, is going to be offering them very soon! As soon as they get their act in gear, I'll post the link to their site!

Back