• Register Today It's free!

no dash lights or tail lights

helme

Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
need help new at this :eek:

I have just gotten a 92 expl. and as it got dark I put the lights on and I have no dash lights or tail lights. I checked my fuses under the dash and all look good. Next I thought I would check the tail light bulbs but that wouldn't have anything to do with the dash lights. What am I missing????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

maybe they are actually seperate problems?

Just taking a guess I'd check out the light switch.

Does it have a trailer hitch? a remote starter? anything aftermarket that is wired into the 12v d/c power?

If so, start by working your way through those circuits, checking for loose connections, corroded grounds, etc.

My headlights work, if it was the switch bad wouldn't the be out also, just asking

Not necessarily

Just simply because the interior and tail lites part of the switch may not be conected just right. And you are going to shoot me for this and think me a smart elec but, as far as the dash, (¿is the dimmer turned all the way up?) I just simply ask because that sounds like something I would do but hey, ¿What do I know? I am just an ignorant red-neck from AR.

I also thought of that just because I goofed up once on that with another vehicle. It was too simple to think of I guess.

Back