GJarrett

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Chief GPS'um and Still Lost Native Texan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 EB 4x4 "Herc" RIP
Okay I searched and I'm sure this has been covered, but I couldn't find it buried in the dozens of pages of threads I get from the search, LOL.

As I understand the posts I did read from searching, if I have a blend door problem it means that I'll still have heat OR A/C; but I having nothing at all so I *think* I may have another problem (?)

My blower works fine but it blows ambient temperature air.... neither cooled A/C air or heated air. I have the auto temperature control where you set the temperature. I can set the heat all the way up to 90 degrees and not get heat and I can set the A/C down to the bottom at 60 degrees but get no A/C. I basically have a system that works like a vent. I might as well roll my window down. However it's 32 degrees and snowing right now so that's not too comfortable; plus this problem means I won't be able to defrost/deice my windshield.

Is this still a blend door problem, or do I have something else going on? If so, does anyone know the fix?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can check the blend door by removing the actuator and taking a small mirror and looking down the hole. You should be able to see if it's broke or not. It breaks right at the top where the actuator goes into. You'll find the actuator right behind the glove box. It's a white box. Just pry up on it with a screwdriver to get it off the posts it sits on.

same problem here

If you ever get a resolution, can you post it here? I also have the issue where the blower works but the temperatures is always constant whether I am on heat or AC.

Thanks.

While researching my blend door problem a couple of years ago I found a reset/problem check code for the auto climate cont. Cant find it now but maby something to try & find.

If you're not getting either hot or cold, doesn't sound like a blend door issue. Just my take on it.

Back