• Register Today It's free!

No reverse.

rampage

Reaction score
City, State
Stroudsburg Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 sport 4.0 sohc
I have a 2000 explorer sport no rev. I droped the pan and had no metal in the fluid,just a little grey sediment. looking at the reverse sevo I saw the VB gasket blown out.removed and checked and cleaned VB,installed new gaskets re-assemble following torx spec and still no good. with the truck runing in park you can tell the park pin is loaded, reverse some forward movement, neutral it goes forward, drive forward ect.. It seems fluid is not flowing through the right valve someplace. any ideas would help.

Welcome to this forum! I've moved your post into its own thread in the transmission section. Check the shift cable adjustment. The cables sometimes stretch, and get out of alignment. Experiment with the shifter to see if you could get reverse in between two gear settings.

Checks out

I hook-up a scan tool and it D when in D and R when in R ect... I think maybe the reverse clutch pack is bad. I was hoping just valve body work would be the fix.just looking like i'm not that lucky :( thanks for the tip)

Back