not the everyday lift/tire question | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

not the everyday lift/tire question

But the catback bolts up after the cat so seems like it wouldn't make a difference IMO ... But I'm definately no expert with exhaust ... But where should the exit be to maximize sound cause the bfg mts will most likely be crazy loud !

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've heard a few trucks with turndowns and they sounded BA but they were v8s ... I'm not worried about sound but A LOT of sound is not wanted (inside) ... I still wanna hear the radio on the interstate lol .... Others chime in as well if you have input please

I've heard a few trucks with turndowns and they sounded BA but they were v8s ... I'm not worried about sound but A LOT of sound is not wanted (inside) ... I still wanna hear the radio on the interstate lol .... Others chime in as well if you have input please

Mine exits straight out the back just like stock and I def hear it in the truck. Louder than stock obviously but its not too loud and doesn't drown out the radio.
Posted via Mobile Device

does anyone on here have a turndown? thats my only part i have left for exhaust is how to exit it ... might do a turndown right after rearend and if i dont like it just cut it off ... make it a straight pipe then do an extension with a tip ..

thanks nate ... im definately gonna pm him when i get a chance ... i wanna do it but dont wanna make a mistake lol

so if your doing all highway driving and you said youll never go off road why in the heck are you putting mud tires on?

Two reasons the set is $460 and they will look BA ... If I buy bfg ats ill spend almost twice as much ... If ibwere paying full price I would definately got with an at tire

so if your doing all highway driving and you said youll never go off road why in the heck are you putting mud tires on?

Realize that its all about looks.... Speaking off roading I got some good flex out of my IRS today :D

Awesome ... Get any pics? And Nate how far do you live from that army base that locked down? Didn't get the story about it just saw headlines ...

Awesome ... Get any pics? And Nate how far do you live from that army base that locked down? Didn't get the story about it just saw headlines ...

Just some crappy cell phone pics. The snow mound where the one wheel is is higher than it looks.
flex.jpg

flex2.jpg

Decent for an IRS suspension on an explorer, and much better than I thought. I figured I may as well see how well it would flex. All four were firmly on the ground, although if that mound was 3" higher it would've been three wheel action. Front drivers wheel was at the lowest point of all the wheels.

I'm about 85 miles from that base. Here's the story.
All clear on Utah Army base after lost lethal VX nerve gas causes 'serious concern,' lockdown

Haha is that what they do is push a Giant pile of snow in the middle of the parking lot ? And wtf how does the army lose a nerve agent ... Were they playing hide and seek with it ... Come on ... That's why we look like total retards lol

Haha is that what they do is push a Giant pile of snow in the middle of the parking lot ? And wtf how does the army lose a nerve agent ... Were they playing hide and seek with it ... Come on ... That's why we look like total retards lol

There actually is a curb buried somewhere under that snow.
And Hill AFB....don't get me going on those "geniuses". The Air Force isn't any better...

From the Deseret News
The Air Force has endured a number of embarrassing setbacks over the past year. In August, for instance, a B-52 bomber was mistakenly armed with six nuclear-tipped cruise missiles and flown across the country. The pilot and crew were unaware they had nuclear arms aboard.

The error was considered so grave that President Bush was quickly informed.

Moseley later announced that in response to flaws exposed during the nuclear weapons error, the Air Force would change the way bomber crews organize for their nuclear training mission.

HILL AFB GENUISES AT WORK:
Gates also has been trying to learn more about how fuses for Air Force ballistic missiles were mistakenly shipped to Taiwan. Gates was briefed last week on the conclusions of an internal investigation of that matter but the results have not been made public.

Four cone-shaped electrical fuses used in intercontinental ballistic missile warheads were shipped to the Taiwanese instead of the helicopter batteries they had ordered. The fuses originated at F.E. Warren Air Force Base in Cheyenne, Wyo., but the mix-up apparently occurred after the parts were shipped to Hill Air Force Base.

In another incident, the Pentagon inspector general found in April that a $50 million contract to promote the Thunderbirds aerial stunt team was tainted by improper influence and preferential treatment. No criminal conduct was found.

Wow well its nice to see the air force does have idiots in there ... 99% of the time its the army in the spot light

Wow well its nice to see the air force does have idiots in there ... 99% of the time its the army in the spot light

I really don't know how HAFB is still operating. Beleive it or not they're actually putting a hotel on the air base along with shops, and many public offices (someone was paid off). Its not a smart crew...I'm sure there are people that can make good choices up there, but not many.
Falcon Hill
Check that out...its rediculous.

that is your taxes hard at work !!! lol it pisses me off so bad to see so many vets homeless and they are blowing money like it doesnt even matter ... which i guess it doesnt matter ... to them

that is your taxes hard at work !!! lol it pisses me off so bad to see so many vets homeless and they are blowing money like it doesnt even matter ... which i guess it doesnt matter ... to them

Yep. Exactly true. Although a new vet home was just built in ogden...:thumbsup:

thats at least some good work of the gov't ... just ordered struts, moog ball joints and btf spacers 2.25/1.75 ... got the kyb struts off ebay all for 325 ... they run for 180 a piece at advance and the guy there said theyre top of the line ... any comments about kybs?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

KYBs are pretty bad*ss!! Good choice :thumbsup:

Back