number pad entry | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

number pad entry

Okay, I am not having fun trying to find this code. I can't find any white tabs under the dash for the air bag to be removed. I looked behind the park brake and there is a set of numbers in plain view on a black module, but they don't work. I went to my local ford dealership and they couldn't find the code on their computer. Can someone please help me before my wife shoots me(just kidding she going to torture me with the nagging). My build date is 08/01 if this helps!!!

Thanks!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you have a 2002 new body style model then the unit is on the pasenger side of the truck in the rear B pilar where the back seat passengers sholder seat belt is located. There will be a little black box with a white sticker on it held in by two metal tabs.

If you have an older than 2002 style, accourding to other posts the box will be on the drivers side behind the jack compartment somewhere.

Nothing is in the jack compartment but the jack(that is where the code is located on my 96'). I removed the panel on the right side beside the seat, but nothing is there. I did have my wife press the buttons on the keypad while I was setting inside. It sounded like there was a relay clicking on the passenger's side in the dash. I can't figure out how to remove the air bag to check it. I did forget to mention that it is a 4x2 Sport!

Thanks and keep the ideas comming!!

2002 Remote Access Controller Location

In fact, in the 2002 XLT it is located just below and midway on the passengers side trim behind the rear seat, just below the seatbelt attachment point. Pull off the rubber trim, which will release the plastic side panel. The box (black on mine) will be held in a bracket. Lift the box out of the bracket and pull it out through the opening. The 5 digit code will be on the face of the box. To program your own number in, enter the master control number and immediately press 1 and then your own 5 digit number. As soon as you do this the lock set will set twice to acknowledge your personal code. Both the master and your personal codes will both work.

I found it under the cover at the defrost vent on the dash. Had to remove the cover and shine a flashlight through the windshield to see it. Thanks anyway.

Back