Numerous codes after welding work was performed. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Numerous codes after welding work was performed.

Reset PCM

If you haven't cleared the keep alive memory (KAM) by disconnecting the battery terminal connection after leaving the body shop I suggest that you do. It will force the PCM to revert to preset parameters and erase old diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs).

If you have unrelated DTCs then I suspect the frame adjustment may have pushed or pulled an electrical connection loose. On my 2000 Sport many of the sensor (IAT, CMP, ECT, TPS, DPFE, etc.) returns are tied together at a common point with another wire that goes to the PCM instead of ground. That could explain your fuel pump shut off (bad CMP return) and the EGR codes (bad DPFE return).

If you only have new EGR related trouble codes the following thread may help: EGR System O&T. I wrote it based on my SOHC but most (except EEC codes and photos) should apply to your OHV. I'm surprised that you have DPFE in your 95 instead of PFE. Did you have the dealer perform an upgrade?

Back