Odd Lighting Problem Today... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Odd Lighting Problem Today...

ok guys heres my story:
well i was out of town at advance auto parts and i got some LED light bulbs for my all clear tailights. well we went to a close restaurant and i popped them in in the parking lot. didnt really like the looks looked more like small red dot lol anyway i just put the old incandecant red bulbs back in and went in and later that day i pulled into the mall and i noticed my lights where odd looking. in the reflection from the stores big windows i noticed my head lights where different
i turned the switch from headlights back to just the running lights...head lights where still on but no parking lights. well turn signals worked. odd i thought. i was in the store rather p'o ed at the situation. got back in the truck and started pulling fuses and by god the Running Lamps Fuse was blown. replaced it and its all back to normal. where in the worrld would LED tail lights blow that fuse when LED's pull LESS draw than regualrs????? still puzzles me. didnt know that they had a safety feature when your running lights where out your headlights come on. i thought thats a cool idea. anyway end of story lol. what you guys think? should i just get really good bulbs instead of LED's?

Back