Oh the places an X can take you... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Oh the places an X can take you...

minelson17

Reaction score
City, State
Keizer OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Ford Explorer XLS
Went on a very nice 4x4 adventure with my X and my GF this weekend. Had a blast, saw some amazing back country, found an "alternative" route to a mountain lake (Rainbow Lake) that's main road has been washed out for years...I knew it existed, just wasn't sure how to get there until this weekend. Also found a new hiking trail that takes you to an old abandoned fire spotter shed on top of Coffin Mountain, one of 2 or 3 still standing in the Cascade Range...ran out of time to take the hike, but now that I know where it is, I'll make it some day and post some pics. And oh yeah, found plenty of mud, passed a parked subaru too afraid to try the hill to get up to a certain camp site...i made in it 2 wheel drive haha....SUV my a$$...

Sorry I didn't get more pics of the X in action, I was busy driving, but at least we got some good shots of the scenery, enjoy!

Attachments

• DSCF0184.jpg
    DSCF0184.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 319
  • DSCF0187.jpg
    DSCF0187.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 319
  • DSCF0191.jpg
    DSCF0191.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 316
  • DSCF0198.jpg
    DSCF0198.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 323

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's a few more scenic shots we got...

here you go...

Attachments

• DSCF0176.jpg
    DSCF0176.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 318
  • DSCF0181.jpg
    DSCF0181.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 316
  • DSCF0190.jpg
    DSCF0190.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 317
  • DSCF0195.jpg
    DSCF0195.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 317

very nice, looks like the ozark mountains here, witch is my favorite place to go wheeling :)

yep, nothing like the old logging roads that take you places most will never know exists...

I wish there where places like that around me, if you find a hill by me its amazing

sounds like you need to take a little road trip my friend...:) A good camping trip can be worth every penny in gas IMO.

that looks alot like the trails around here and scenery i love it

Back