Order tomorrow, thanks for your help! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Order tomorrow, thanks for your help!

RonJrSVCMGR

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Gilford, NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
'13 Ford Explorer Limited
Tomorrow (my birthday and wedding anniversary) we order our 2013 Tri-Coat white Explorer with the 302a package, light medium stone interior, buckets in the second row with the console, 20" polished rims, dual moonroof, trailer hitch, locking lugs, roof cross bars and the all-weather mats. The order was placed based on the information I picked up here on the forums. I am a service manager at a Ford/Toyota store and I am coming out of a 2001 4Runner we have owned for 10 years. My wife drove a similar Explorer to the one we ordered on the lot and fell in love with it (she is a diehard Toyota fan, too). (i think her quotes were "What a beautiful vehicle", "I can't believe this is a Ford", and "how awesome is this Explorer"..... We almost ordered the bench seat until I found this forum......

I want to thank everyone here for their input and I hope Cory will keep track of my order for me. I have met Alan Mulally at a National Dealer meeting and have been on Ford's PSMAC National Committee and I am truly amazed at where Ford has come since 2004 when I started on the committee. I helped give input on building quality vehicles and cost cutting ideas that have actually been implemented (not taking credit, just an observation). To see what Ford has done in the last 6-7 years has been beyond my wildest dreams.

I look forward to helping others on the forum and I will keep you posted n the progress of our new "baby".

I am looking forward to a 10+ year adventure in our new Explorer and I will be an active participant on the forum.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congratulations! We look forward to updates :)

I want to thank everyone here for their input and I hope Cory will keep track of my order for me...
I’ll think about it, RonJrSVCMGR. ;)

LOL JK I’ll definitely do that!

Congratulations! We look forward to updates :)
VinceL,

Don’t forget pics once it arrives. :D

Cory

Great post, Ron- and congrats & welcome! :wavey:

Order placed and came back with "compatibility error" after 3 days in "unscheduled/clean" status and built as follows;

2013 Ford Explorer Limited with;
-302a rapid spec package
-Tri-coat platinum white paint
-medium light stone perforated leather upgrade package
-2nd row bucket seats w/center console
-20 inch polished aluminum wheels
-trailer tow package
-dual moonroof
-all-weather mats
-wheel locks
-roof cross bars

Thought it might be the 20 inch wheels with the trailer tow package or the dual moon roof with the cross rail bars, but I have found several at other dealers built similar to mine (different colors, but the rest is the same). Wondering if anyone else ran into this? We eliminated the cross bars and the wheel locks (which I can buy after I get the vehicle, since they are dealer install anyways). We will see what happens. I am sure Cory will be all over it.

Ron,

The options for what I ordered included the tow package and the wheels. I did order the moon roof but decided to forgo the cross bars since I am not plannig to haul anything up there anyway. If I want them I can just go to the dealer and get a set.

As for the wheel locks, I figured I could get those whenever I wanted as well.

All that being said I'm not sure that I am compatible either since I don't yet have a VIN but Cory looked yesterday for me and said that I am on supply hold for the tow package. I'll probably have the dealer install the mud flaps after I get it though.

BTW: Congrats on your ride.

...I am sure Cory will be all over it.
You know it, RonJrSVCMGR! :)

...All that being said I'm not sure that I am compatible either since I don't yet have a VIN but Cory looked yesterday for me and said that I am on supply hold for the tow package...
I’m keeping my eye on it, Since95. :D

Cory

Progress so far.....

Ordered 5/11/2012
DORA 5/11/2012
Update: remove roof rack cross bars due to compatability issue 5/16/2012
VIN assigned 5/17/2012 (Thanks for the update Cory!)
Scheduled to week of June 4, 2012 on 5/17/2012
Schedule to day of June 4, 2012 on 5/18/2012

To be continued....
:eek: :D :chug:

Wow. Congratulations. I wonder if this means the Tow Package supply issue has been resolved? If it has yours may have a Red brother.

Now that I have a vin, I have a name for our Explorer...

Being white platinum Tri-coat, AWD and dark privacy windows, the name HAS to be "Storm Trooper"..... :feedback:

...VIN assigned 5/17/2012 (Thanks for the update Cory!)...Being white platinum Tri-coat, AWD and dark privacy windows, the name HAS to be "Storm Trooper"..... :feedback:
You’re very welcome, RonJrSVCMGR! BTW, I 100% love the name "Storm Trooper" for your Explorer!

Wow. Congratulations. I wonder if this means the Tow Package supply issue has been resolved? If it has yours may have a Red brother.
My tracker doesn’t show an update yet, Since95. :)

Cory

Being white platinum Tri-coat, AWD and dark privacy windows, the name HAS to be "Storm Trooper"..... :feedback:

Dang now I'll spend years trying to get that tune out of my head again. Great name though :thumbsup:

Back