• Register Today It's free!

Ordered a Supplimental Explorer

Since95

Reaction score
City, State
Roseville, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer LTD
Well, I finally did it. I have been driving a 95ex since 94 and finally decided to order another one that matches my old one.

She's had a rough life but the old girl just won't die. She's had a gallon of pool acid spilled in the back, a rat broke into her while I was on vacation, she was rear-ended, she headbutted another car, and she's hauled everything from groceries to landscape rocks piled up to the back seats! Runs like a champ and I can still take her to the ball.

So I'm just supplimenting my fleet and keeping my 95. When she finally goes we'll hold a small family ceremony and bury her in the backyard with the family dogs. Seems like just yesterday that I brought her home and had to listen to my neighbor flap on about how the 94 4Runner he bouqht was so superior. That 4Runner fell apart 7 years later and looked like it was doing a wheelie in 5. The old dragging butt eyesore 4Runner.

I have been perusing this forum for a couple of weeks now trying to get a handle on the order time.

2013 Limited
Ruby Red / Lt Stone Interior
302A
20" Polished Aluminum Wheels
Dual Moon Roof
Tow Package
Floor Mats

Ordered it on Apr 30 still no VIN# but appreciate all the posts on ways to find the order status. Turns out my salesperson doesn't seem to know what a DORA for my Explorer is. She thought it was some sort of cartoon or something. So I'm anxious to ensure the VOC matches the sticker. I'd hate to have mistakes after waiting so long.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forums Since95!

Good luck with your order sounds like a nice ride. Cool story on your '94 :thumbsup:

You can send Cory (ford rep) a private message with your dealer # & order # & he may have more info. for you.

Thanks for the info Gatortailale -- I sent Cory a message.

Well, I finally did it. I have been driving a 95ex since 94 and finally decided to order another one that matches my old one...
Welcome to the community, Since95! :D You should really consider sending your awesome story to: Social.Ford.com

Like Gatortailale mentioned, please send me a PM with your order number and dealer info, and I can research your latest status. :)

...You can send Cory (ford rep) a private message with your dealer # & order # & he may have more info. for you.
Thanks for the shout-out, Gatortailale!

Cory

Great news!!! Cory finally pried a VIN from the keeper of the VINs for me. So from order on 4/30 to VINtage on 6/7 about 5 weeks.

Not quite the speed of light but nonetheless my ex is at the point of conception. Cory says it should then roll off the line in about 3 weeks after a normal gestation period. I'm guessing that should be around 9 weeks total for delivery.

Finally I can roll over and go to sleep.

Great news!!! Cory finally pried a VIN from the keeper of the VINs for me. So from order on 4/30 to VINtage on 6/7 about 5 weeks.

Not quite the speed of light but nonetheless my ex is at the point of conception. Cory says it should then roll off the line in about 3 weeks after a normal gestation period. I'm guessing that should be around 9 weeks total for delivery.

Finally I can roll over and go to sleep.

That's awesome Since95!!...though I have to admit I have a slight twinge of jealousy. Hopefully our Gumby will be coming on the line with yours...or Gir, or Green Bean, or Sprout...Gumby officially won the poll but the hubby isn't sold. Keep us updated. In the meantime we have to deal with smug dad RonJrSrvcMgr...:D

though I have to admit I have a slight twinge of jealousy. Hopefully our Gumby will be coming on the line with yours...or Gir, or Green Bean, or Sprout...Gumby officially won the poll but the hubby isn't sold.

Yeah I debated on whether to even post the news until someone else in our group threw up some confetti. I had to tell someone and the random calls I was making from the phone book weren't met with much enthusiasm.

In the meantime we have to deal with smug dad RonJrSrvcMgr...
That guy gets his VIN within minutes of placing the order then receives diplomatic status on the assembly line to have it built as I type. There's probably an air cargo plane enroute to Chicago right now so it can be picked up and delivered as quickly as possible. I'll bet they close down freeway in front of the dealership so the plane can land and Junior can drive it right out the back!:rolleyes:

BTW blow a couple of these by the hubby.

Leprechaun
Hilde -- gaelic for battle maid.
Jade
Garnet
Spinach
Myrtle (the color not the old lady)
Clover
Fern
Olive (gagagaga in my best popeye voice)
Oliver (You may give it a complex with a male name and female voice though)
Midori (Japanese for green)
Kiwi (would be great if you're from New Zealand)
Harlequin
Forest (run Forest run!)
Verde (Spanish for green)
Sprite

"That guy gets his VIN within minutes of placing the order then receives diplomatic status on the assembly line to have it built as I type. There's probably an air cargo plane enroute to Chicago right now so it can be picked up and delivered as quickly as possible. I'll bet they close down freeway in front of the dealership so the plane can land and Junior can drive it right out the back! "

All in the priority code, my friend.... Also, Alan Mulally is coming out to New Hampshire to hand me the keys. They invited me to watch it go down the assembly line, but I had to coach our lacrosse team in the States today....

Since95.... Don't be a "hater"....

:chug:

All in the priority code, my friend.... Also, Alan Mulally is coming out to New Hampshire to hand me the keys. They invited me to watch it go down the assembly line, but I had to coach our lacrosse team in the States today....

Ron, I thought 10 was the highest code. We got a 10 and ordered a week before you. Anywho...say hi to Allan for us and will you be shipping the Stormtrooper to London when you and the Lacrosse team cross the "pond"? Hehehe, all in good fun. Honestly, I look forward to everyone here getting their new kiddos and then we can all share photos, advice, etc.

Since95, I like Hilde...family background is Austrian/Hungarian so it fits. Harlequin is far too reminiscent of my mom's old lust in the dust junk. Thanks for the suggestions. I think we're just going to have to meet the new kid before we name her. Congrats again on the VIN and keep us updated!

Great news!!! Cory finally pried a VIN from the keeper of the VINs for me. So from order on 4/30 to VINtage on 6/7 about 5 weeks...
Yes, Since95… I finally yanked it out of the “VINkeeper’s” grip! ;)

That's awesome Since95!!...though I have to admit I have a slight twinge of jealousy...
Don’t be jealous, liratoad; yours will schedule soon enough. :thumbsup:

...Also, Alan Mulally is coming out to New Hampshire to hand me the keys. They invited me to watch it go down the assembly line, but I had to coach our lacrosse team in the States today....
Color me envious, RonJrSVCMGR! :D

Not yet:( Cory is looking into it
mkeane,

Please see your inbox for my reply.

Cory

RonJrSVCMGR -

If you have Lelan Rogers out there scouting from Syracuse...let him know Jim from Sioux Falls thnks Green Bay sucks...

He is a good friend and we have a little rivalry going there...

Got a Window Sticker!!!!

Well, the window sticker showed up this morning. It looks like I have a build date of 06/29!

For those of you that get your sticker soon, you can see the scheduled build date by examining the right-most number under the blue border on the sticker.
Mine looks like this: 1201206291621 where the build date is the center digits that I highlighted in red.

It's funny you go through stages with this order thing. You start off just trying to get some status on your order by PMing Cory every week. On each new message you cross your fingers and open it up. A quick scan of the message for the magic three letter acronym immediately indicates success or failure for the week.

Then one day you get a VIN and your tasks shift. You check Etis and look for your sticker to show up regularly. Although, Etis has not been updated for me yet. Now, I'm at the sticker has shown up stage and I will be probably download the sticker regularly. All the while willing the build date to change to an earlier date. As if through mind control I can make the guy in the yellow-orange hardhat push the green button next to my pile of parts. Maybe a call to Mr Spacely will light a fire under George.

Next week on the build date, I assume that I will hit SyncMyRide about 1000 times to see when the Sync unit finally gets installed. After that, who knows. I'll have to figure out the shipping date. My god, when will this end!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's great Since95! I am soooooo jealous but happy to know the convoy is moving along. Seems like a bunch of us have been in a holding pattern for awhile now. We ordered May 3rd and Cory says probable build mid-July. Ahhh, the waiting! Oh well, that many less love bugs and mosquitos to get caught up in that handsome grill. We have been dutifully checking for a window sticker but no dice, and we still have the dreaded 30.11.0002 on ETIS. It will happen and we will love it. Can't imagine how RonJrSvcMgr is holding out this long...it's such a painful exercise in patience! BTW, what's your Ex named?

Back