painting the whole truck with bed liner | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

painting the whole truck with bed liner

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if ur truck is just a trail rig do it. i saw a landcruiser with it and u never have to wash it or worry about it

Hell, even if it isn't a trail rig, if it's what you want to do, do it. You know what I think would be really sweet? Some of that roll on bedliner that leaves the bumpy texture all over the truck. I think that would look really cool.

I am painting the whole exterior of mine with Durabak. It comes in a textured or smooth finish.

Let's see who get theirs done first.

The only problem with the txeture is if you want to keep it clean. After you pressure wash it, you need to take a brush to it. It's not a big deal, expecially if you keep it dirty. I'd get the UV topcoat if the brand you are using fades in the sun(they all might, Herc does in 2-3 weeks)

X-Line comes in colors too :)

yea i was gogin to do 2 tone black and grey im geting a brand og ebay that is like rhinolinig that hardens and has a 2 part setup unlike the rest a whole bunch tufer and cheaper i will just miss waxing my car and having all ths shinyess and wit that brand of ebay u can change the texture from a smoooth to a gritty look

I painted the lower parts of my doors and the floor of the interior with herculiner and I've been really happy with the way it came out. Doing an entire truck would be about of $$ but I focused on the areas the got alot of abuse and painted them with herculiner and it's really stood up well.

Here's a pic of the exterior..

6542111_1117.jpg

And interior minus seats..

attachment.jpg

I once met a guy that had rhino lined his pathfinder from the window sill down. He said he did this because the top part doesn't risk getting marred as much as the lower parts.

that was my first thuaght then to but then that kit i rfered to was only about 70 bucks byt im not shur how much it can cover it said a couple of trucks beds so i dont know how far it will go

Doug said:
I painted the lower parts of my doors and the floor of the interior with herculiner and I've been really happy with the way it came out. Doing an entire truck would be about of $$ but I focused on the areas the got alot of abuse and painted them with herculiner and it's really stood up well.

Here's a pic of the exterior..

6542111_1117.jpg

And interior minus seats..

attachment.jpg

I am thinking about doing this exact thing to my truck, but going a bit higher up the doors, about half way. I never thought about doing the interior, but now hmm..... More things to think about before next summer

what color do u thnk would work best i think balck and grey

Why not just all black?

Hey Doug.... have you tried powerwashing your Lining yet on the exterior?? I did the exact same thing, but not with Herculiner, a LOT cheaper type... but anyway... if you've powerwashed, did any of it chip off?? and when you painted it, did you sand all the way to the bare metal?? b/c I didn't, and now its all chippin off.

--Ryan

Sounds logical. Would it turn out good if you used paintable rubber undercoating, and then painted it? Would it still be durable?

f14... that's what I used, and its coming off... I would suggest NOT using it.

--ryan

CarFreak146 said:
f14... that's what I used, and its coming off... I would suggest NOT using it.

--ryan

Aw blast. I guess I don't know what I'm talking about after all.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's a link to some pics of mine. I had it done 2 1/2 yrs ago and it cost me $1200canadian. I removed all the name bars etc... filled all the holes and they did the rest. It's about 1/8" to 1/4" thick the lower on the truck you go the thicker it is. I love it when you wash it it looks like new now matter what was on it. I get comments all the time and I've seen a few more rigs done like it now. I tried the rattlecan undercoating thing before I did this and it worked but only lasted for a year or so before it came off. If you have any questions let me know gordhunt@hotmail.com

Here's the link http://groups.msn.com/BroncoIIPicturesCBRPictures

Just click on pictures when you get to the page

Back