Parking Brake Working?

Broke(n)

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 300A Limited
Sure doesn't feel like it.
I have noticed since I got this truck back in November, that when I apply the parking brake, my truck still lunges forward or back. The pedal feels firm and I do not have to push it very far to feel tension.
I really dont want this messing up my tranny since my driveway I park it on has a slight downhill slope. What could my issue be. Cable? Pads? Maybe the assembly hardware is frozen?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, if it has stock pads on it, no doubt they probably fell apart. Did a complete rotor and pad job on my 04 and the E-pads were gone. Just the pad retainers were there. From wht I understand, its a common problem. Pain it the a$$ to replace as well!

Already, at 80K ? This should be a fun job.
Thanks for the info.

I have an 04 also and I did my pads at about 59000 a few years ago. E-brake pads 100% gone and as I remember it looked like they had been that way for some time. I also remember the pedal feeling like it was working. It is not that bad to do just some what hard to get some of the retainers back in.

My son left my first set applied and they burnt up no fire just ruined. The pads had fell off the shoes. The e-brake light didnt work I since found out the switch has gone bad.
The inside of the drum/rotor rusted over cheaper to replace. They are a pain to install, i used a pair of long nose vise grips to pull springs into place.

Repair is a *bit* of a PITA but isn't the worst one in the world. Do a search on here for threads on replacement that have the words "scratch awl" in the text. I tried several tools for reloading the spring to finish this job up and the awl was by far the best.

Back