Woodinville
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Ford Explorer XLT
First bought the 2010 Explorer XLT. stocker

Just left the tint shop.

20120414_160633.jpg

Needed wheels bad! Bought some MB TKO 16X8.5

20120414_143044.jpg

Not a fan of chrome, or shiny stuff for that matter. Read up on new grilles and who was painted theirs. Figured If I ruined it I could just buy one. So here is me doing the deed. and yes I got a $250 ticket for parking in the handicap spot!

facebook_-1301638288jpg.jpg

2 hours of sanding and prep work.

facebook_-1406931960jpg.jpg

Outcome of grille Painted and Wheels on.

IMG_20120512_141905.jpg

Pic after lift was installed waiting for tires to be put on.You can see how small those 235/70r16's were!

20120707_130304.jpg

BAD pic, but in the parking garage after lift and tires were installed.

Photo0100_001.jpg

I went to 265/75r16

I will post a lot better pics when I have some extra time. Let me know what you guys think. Nothing you guys haven't seen or done your self.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ROFL "compact"

love that last pic :)

Looking good. Like the black grill. I love the 2010 X. I want one when my money ever gets right. Mabe someday. Keep sending pic's.

yup im 100% with ya. i sometimes will take 10min to park until i can find a safe place at work lol.

once i just left a store parking lot because there was no good spots

Nice job. Silver mirror caps, tint fog lights, paint inside headlights black, running boards, and you will have perfection.

I'm digging the black grille. Good to see another ex with TKOs. Love em on my ST. What % tint are you running and how much did the job run you if you don't mind me asking?

I have 20% tint all around. factory tint is 20%, I just matched the front two windows.

I went to a place called ICE TECH http://icetechwindowtint.com/
Paid 55 bucks including front window strip. Cheapest place I have ever seen and lifetime warranty.

I like the painted head lights I have seen on here, but I am going to go the expensive route and buy the black housing headlights. The wife wont let me use the oven to bake mine. A friend told her it makes the house stink.

As for the silver mirror covers. not really my style. I like them black. matches the rest of the trim.

future plans include The Coffin muffler that I saw on one of the other ex's or st's. And the 05 4.6l KN intake that one of the guys was so kind to show how to install on the 4.0l.

20120709_075534.jpg

Pic of the ex, Ill get better shots later. kinda in a hurry lately.

What about removing the roof rack for a "cleaner" look?

11113267cr.jpg

Wow I wish VA would let me go 20% all around. They expect me to stay at 50% on the front windows. Thanks for the info on it though.

I kinda like the rails on there. I like the more rugged look they have than a flat roof. Plus you never know you may run into a need to have them on there.

Pic of the ex, Ill get better shots later. kinda in a hurry lately.

That quote has a totally different meaning on this forum than it has pretty much anywhere else :D

Looks great :thumbsup:

What about removing the roof rack for a "cleaner" look?

11113267cr.jpg

4x4, not a 2wd! Does have a clean look with no roof rack, but not the look I am after.

FX4 decals look sweet on silver explorers. And the red would pick up the red writing on the hubcaps. I put red 4x4 off road decals on mine and it does kinda pull out the red in the wheels.

yeah, There is a 2012 f150 on 35's in my parking garage. fx4.... It is so sick... The one thing I would like to do is maybe a 1 inch wheel spacer.

I have ran wheel spacers in the past with all my jeeps. all for specific reasons. I just expected the tires to stick out a bit more.... A little more aggressive look! But, not quite sure on fitment. Don't know if the tires would rub...

I only used spacers on the back since I'm already pushing the tire size limit. I did the back so I didnt have to trim as much and like you said a more aggressive stance. I wonder if it didn't work out if you could just return it.

It looks good, man! Very clean modding. Though I'm surprised you painted the Ford emblem. I would think it would give it a nice contrast, but it's still a great looking Explorer.

yeah, There is a 2012 f150 on 35's in my parking garage. fx4.... It is so sick... The one thing I would like to do is maybe a 1 inch wheel spacer.

I have ran wheel spacers in the past with all my jeeps. all for specific reasons. I just expected the tires to stick out a bit more.... A little more aggressive look! But, not quite sure on fitment. Don't know if the tires would rub...

IMAG0665.jpg

Definitely go with some FX4 stickers. mine are sized for an f-250

I know, I know, i need bigger tires...:rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ex looks good Kazer.

I turned my tires all the way left and right today. no way I could run a spacer. :(

maybe once they come out with a 1 inch body lift. Ill do that and get a 1 inch wheel spacer!

Back