PATS Disable pls help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PATS Disable pls help

slideways

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
12' f150
Hello all,
I am building a ford ranger powered pump... I have taken a 2002 2.3L engine / manual trans to power a high pressure mud pump for my drilling company. Currently I have the engine installed in a custom cradle/ frame. All the wiring has been stripped down to basic engine function, the PCM wiring is pretty much untouched on the engine side. I have power to the PCM, fuel pump, starter relay ect. It will fire all day on quick start but the injectors arent getting a signal.

The idea is to keep the engine wiring as simple and compact as possible. I have seen ways to trick the PATS using bypass modules or gluing the RF key to the receiver but this still requires the bypass module and the PATS module to run the engine. This does not help me, I do not have the key, recviever or module and it makes things unnecessarily complicated for the intended use (I bought the engine / trans from a wrecker the truck has since been squashed) I would like to eliminate the PATS from the PCM completely.

I went in two ford dealers in person and called another spoke with 2 separate service managers and the are not willing to help / dont want to. They say it can not be done, the PATS module cannot be erased ect ect. I'm sure you guys have found a way. I understand we dont need this info passed along the internet for thieves but I would really appreciate if someone could fill me in or PM me.

here are some pics so far... kind of at a stand still, no sense in finalizing all the mounts until i can make this engine work

photo%202_zpskpy0j0ha.jpg

photo%201_zpsvhwxm0jn.jpg

photo%203_zpsqycnc7kc.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A custom tune of the ECU is likely the only solution shy of adding the transponder key and receiver (pretty sure on the 02, the rest is integral with the PCM)

SCT does not fully support the 4 cyl, but I'd think most SCT custom tuners could do it in a snap.

Disabling PATS is a single turn off a code line in software. The basic SCT device does not support such code changes but the ones intended to be used by professional tuners does. Making that software change is the only way to disable PATS. If you found the right tuner a $100 charge might fix your problem. Another solution is to use an aftermarket ignition/fuel system but that is going to be a few hundred.

Thanks for the response guys... I posted up on another forum as well I read in a few placed the SCT could do it. Ended up buying the SCT tuner and didnt get anywhere.

I called SCT and the local sct dyno shop here and they both assured me it could easily be done.... Bought the tuner and a few different custom tunes and it did not work.

Called SCT agian and they said PATS disable is not available on your vehicle...

Have two opins here: Buy a new engine and start over or continue looking for a tuner shop to reprogram.

If any of you guys know of a shop that can do this please let me know

Contact James Henson, this Forum's official tuner. http://hensonperformance.com/

He turned my '00 Explorer PATS off without a problem. The question is if SCT has developed the tuning software for your version of the PCM. James can either do it or give you a definitive answer about if and who can.

Maybe you can connect the 2 signal wires to power? Haven't tried it so do at your own risk.

pats_pic.jpg

if your still having issues shoot me an email

decipha at efidynotuning dot com

if your still having issues shoot me an email

decipha at efidynotuning dot com
I have a 2000 mercury mountaineer which wire do I cut to bypass the pats system and disable the antitheft

You can’t
Read
Above

Yes you can get the pcm key/tumbler and pats module from another 99-01 5.0 and install them into your truck

Or you can have a new key made at a dealer or locksmith ($$$$$)

What happened to your key

Yes you can get the pcm key/tumbler and pats module from another 99-01 5.0 and install them into your truck

Or you can have a new key made at a dealer or locksmith ($$$$$)

What happened to your key
My original key got stolen so I had a locksmith come and cut me a new one and it turns over but will not start the theft light is flashing really fast then it stops and flashes once then pauses and then flashes 5 times

Your new key needs to be programmed to your pcm/ Pats module = dealer

Otherwise you will need a pcm pats module and key/tumbler from a similar 99-01
5.0 truck (wrecking yard, private party part out)

Or you can send your pcm in to a tuner and have the pats disabled

Your new key needs to be programmed to your pcm/ Pats module = dealer

Otherwise you will need a pcm pats module and key/tumbler from a similar 99-01
5.0 truck (wrecking yard, private party part out)

Or you can send your pcm in to a tuner and have the pats disabled
Ok thank you I will call the locksmith back and see if he will come back and try programming thank you again

Back