pcm location | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

pcm location

Is this the PCM?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why noy just the person you are going to purchase the XCal from where to find the box code?

Eh, well, no harm... guess we'll just see what the poster decides to do. Oh, does anyone have a link to a PCM so we can see the infamous item??

On my truck, the plug is about 6" wide 1.5" high and has a single 11mm bolt in the center, and about 179 wires coming out

It is above and behind the glove box, but it is accessed on the firewall side, in the engine compartment.

Here is a shot of mine ....

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 13,818

Ah! Alright, this is good to know... Thank you both! :)

The PCM box code is on top of the box ( visible w/o removing PCM ) on a sticker.

My box code, for example, is HWG1.

I think your photo is the connector. Here is a picture of my connector on my personal 05:

ecm_frtSM.jpg

And, here is a picture of the box. We are looking up from the passenger side front footwell, towards the front quarterpanel:

ecm_rearSM.jpg

wait one and I will put up the manuals' line drawing of yours... brb

directly from the 05-06 service manual:

VEHICLE PCM APPLICATION TABLE
PCM Type Applications
104-Pin Excursion, Explorer Sport Trac, Ford GT, Freestar, Monterey, Ranger, Sable, Taurus
150-Pin Aviator, Crown Victoria, Escape, Explorer, Five Hundred, Focus, Freestyle, Grand Marquis, LS, Mariner, Mountaineer, Montego, Thunderbird, Town Car
170-Pin E-Series, Mustang, F-Super Duty
190-Pin Expedition, F-Series, Navigator

PCM Locations
Note: For PCM Removal and Installation procedures, refer to the Workshop Manual Section 303-14 Electronic Engine Controls.
• Mustang - front of engine compartment, passenger side, near fender, under the battery junction box.
• Crown Victoria, Grand Marquis, Town Car - engine compartment, driver side, fender mounted.
• LS, Thunderbird, Explorer, Mountaineer, Aviator - passenger side, near side cowl, behind the glove compartment.
• Escape, Mariner, Explorer Sport Trac, Ranger - behind the instrument panel (cowl), center to both driver and passenger sides (access from the engine compartment).
• Expedition, Navigator, F-Series, F-Super Duty - passenger side of the engine compartment, mounted to the cowl.
• Excursion - lower dash panel on the driver side.

and here is the ford pic.

pcm.jpg

I realize you are in an 02, but much of the 02-05 should be very similar.

Does THIS help any? whew

Good sticky?

Sure as heck glad I don't need to access it, but it would make a good sticky...

On my truck, the plug is about 6" wide 1.5" high and has a single 11mm bolt in the center, and about 179 wires coming out

It is above and behind the glove box, but it is accessed on the firewall side, in the engine compartment.

SCT is wrong. The Gen2's the PCM is front top center of the firewall like you mentioned and SCT refers to. The Gen3 PCM is located behind the 3 large bulkhead connectors on the lower passenger side firewall area that was pictured.

Which pic shows the external pcm for the 03?

Lo sabia!! Yo no soy ningun bobo como algunos dicen... sabes? Yo he tratado de ayudarle a la gente por mostrar fotos, y solo oigo "bobo, te equivocas." Pues, ya que aquellos que me critican por estar aqui se han equivocado, que se callen, y que mentengan sus opiniones vacias, ya no me importan lo que digan... no anden con tanta prisa para decirle al mundo entero que lo que yo hago no vale nada... basta ya!

In other words, gents, thank you! Where shall I send the gift card? Dinner is on me :)

I'm no dingaling...

PCM location on 2005 Sport trac?

Can anyone tell me where the PCM is located on a 2005 Sport trac? I'm needing to get to pin 33 to install a neutral tow 'kit'. Any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back