Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Gillette, Wyoming
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Wrangler, 08 Ranger
So on ebay I found this item called a perimeter grille for my X. Picture below:
img.jpg

And you all know the billet grille. I was thinking I wanted to keep my ford logo on the front, give it a slightly varied look from those of you with the billet grilles. Give me your input. And if you have a billet or "perimeter grille" on your X post a pic. So billet grille or this what do you think would be better?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that grill is no good looking. Billet way better maybe even black powered coated billet if you have darker vehical

that grill is no good looking. Billet way better maybe even black powered coated billet if you have darker vehical

Yeah I agree, after I thought about it. I ordered the upper portion of a billet grille. I am going to soon order the bumper insert. I'll post some pictuers when I get the billet grille on. Heres the one I ordered:
ESFE020101M.jpg

ESFE020102M.jpg

Good call. Those "perimeter" grills are just a cover and the hardware left in place behind them is clearly visible in real life. Look tacky. If you still want the blue oval then just re-install it. Get creative and it'll work.

There is one billet grill that has the emblem shape cut out of it or something, instead of having that solid area around it as in the perimeter. I'll look around for a pic. Somehow, my computer always shows your threads first.

So this is what I have found:
It is a billet grille made by T-Rex. It is a little more expensive than the others, but I think it looks much better. I know it is not the right year, but it is what I found after a quick search:
TRX-21662.jpg

Product can be found at:
http://www.american-auto-accessorie...e=shoppingcom&m1track=shoppingcom#shoppingcom

Personally I would like the ford logo, but the one I have ordered will work, I'll see what I can do to get my ford logo installed on there. After reviewing it, I didn't like that permeter grille anymore, it looked cheap, like said, you can see the old grille behind it. So it came down to the mesh grille or the billet and I prefered the billet. I'd rather have my X look good, not like a cheap-looking SUV.

Back