Pictures from Truckhaven last weekend | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pictures from Truckhaven last weekend

Originally posted by FAKRWEE
Rick, which line did you take going up jeep hill. Far left or center. Did you make it up on the first try?

Jefe, rigs looking awesome.
I think he took the same line I tried, which is come at it from the right at the bottom, towards the center by the top. I just didn't want to give it as much push-juice as Rick. . .something about having to drive my rig home. :rolleyes:

Thanks, it wheels awesome also :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yup, that's the line alright. The problem is the double bump just as you hit the top. That's where Rick usually guns it:hammer:

Jefe, when are the 37's going on:D

Cant wait for Jan...

LOoks like some tight sqeezes going on there........

I started towards the center as Jeff said and then the truck moved all the way to the left. I stayed on the side of the hill and worked it until I popped it over. I never gunned it like I did last year. Not even close... last year I just put it to the floor and prayed this year I "finessed" it up. In fact the guys in the Jeep club that were watching thought that I had an automatic tranny.

Also last year you had a couple of riders with you including the "Hammerman":hammer: You probably went up alone this year.

Originally posted by FAKRWEE
Jefe, when are the 37's going on:D
I'd have to do a LOT more trimming to fit 37's. I'm still rubbing with 35's, both front and rear. I'll stick with 35's, and maybe go with a wider tire when these finally wear out. I love Ricks' Swampers, but I don't want to be driving them on the street every day.

Originally posted by Felix
You know that pic almost does that hill justice. Well, not really.

Had a great time. Forgot my camera at home. Should be getting my truck back from Ford this Thursday.

Thanks for the pics guys, cant wait till next time.
Felix,
It's good to see that Cory made it back, and is back in his element again...
-Ken

Great pics Bill, hope those blown hubs dont become a habit:mad:
I would've taken some pics but the rechargable batteries in my camera wont hold a charge anymore, time for new ones.

Attachments

• trailend.jpg
    trailend.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 253

Attachments

• u+d.jpg
    u+d.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 230

Seems obvious to me that most dead end's don't count for Rick. Those are some awesome picks.

Also last year you had a couple of riders with you including the "Hammerman" You probably went up alone this year
I just read this, Are you reffering to me?
I have never been to T-Haven, Rick was pointing that out just this weekend that I have not been able to attend every year of this run.

So get your butt out to this one, even if it's just for a day. You live close. :D

Hey Bill, any problems? Did you check your brake fluid?? hahaha

Any difference in how it drives?

Originally posted by RangerX
So get your butt out to this one, even if it's just for a day. You live close. :D

His Explorer is in a highly disassembled state right now :D

Originally posted by 410Fortune
Hey Bill, any problems? Did you check your brake fluid?? hahaha

Any difference in how it drives?

Stops a little firmer, and less pulsating from the front. I still want to try 4x4 to test the u-joints, but there's pavement everywhere.:rolleyes: ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I dont think Truck Haven is big enough for the F-350.
Not big enough to keep my pig from getting dented:)
Next year I promise.
Have fun

Back