Pismo Dunes Camp and Mob. May 20th '05. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pismo Dunes Camp and Mob. May 20th '05.

haha, i just started a thread at xterraownersclub.com and said "xterras vs xplorers meet may20th". imma try to get the xterra guys out there too.. c'mon guys you guys have to show up now!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Howdy from SCCX

Seeing as I am only an hour and a half away I just might come and join you guys. You are posted as having a rn on Friday the 20th which I wouldn't be able to attend as I work. You still gonna be out there on the 21st? That I could make. If I do come I'll try to convince a couple friends to come, one of which drives an 84 bronco. Seeing as I've never seen a tricked out explorer (never even heard of it) It would be fun to check your rides out.

yeh we'll be out there from the 20th to the 22nd. i personally will be gone from 11am to around 5pm on the 21st cause i have to go to work, but i will be back later in the day to camp again.

bump.

here is the update on my engine situation....

Got a brand new motor from Dearborn Thursday and it is going to a shop for installation. It should be done around Thursday afternoon, I just hope the guy get all the bugs out before I pick it up. If everything work out, a drive from Fresno to SLO would be a great BREAK IN PERIOD for the truck. I then would have to drive around and get another oil change. If I have to do some more adjustment or having problems with the swap, I'll try it again next time.

I was thinking of doing the swap myself, but don't want to have all kind of mess around the yard and I couldn't find anyone to loan me an engine lift, leaving to the pro is my next best thing.

I am replacing another stock motor. The original one have leaky head and the crank shaft is going out (sound like my BMW motorcycle dry clutch rattling). I bought a complete motor from Dearborn (include water pump, oil pan, and all the instake stuffs). Sadly, I would have to remove the top intake cause it come with EGR setup. If they get it done by Thursday, I might take it with me and see if anyone else want to buy it off me.

Are you going to make it, Josh?? I used to live in Orange (Costa Mesa) when I wa s younger...

nah man don't think I will be making it to this one...the truck still needs some **** done to it before I take it out again. plus if I took my truck there I know I would probly want to jump it and then I would break something lol. I'm really effin broke right now(due to not having much time to work with school) so as soon as finals are over I can start makin a bunch more cash and fix everything and get the truck a bit more set up.

Leaky head huh? I have actually been noticing a bit of oil up on my motor as well...I haven't taken a very close look at it, but its right by the exhaust manifold on the drivers side...wierd. I don't know much about engines yet so I'm not exactly sure what it is...I'll have to figure it out. hell, maybe I'll end up throwing one of those engine rebuild kits from that 4.0performance.com or whatever. :D

so can i have a real head count to see whos comin?

Josh...lol.. I have the same problem with oil on the driver side. The problem is my engine builds up enough pressure to blow out the dipstick and blow oil out. It's great! :rolleyes:

:D

thats wierd about blowin oil out the dipstick...for some reason that doesn't sound normal dude. soo....if I have oil chillin on my motor, does that mean I have a messed up head gasket or sumthin?

sorry for the hijack...let's just think of it as a free bump for your trip thread :)

Whoa! oil shouldn't come anywhere near the dipstick.. I think mine was the victum of Fram oil filters! The original owner always uses Fram whenever he change oil. My next oil change is going to be either Pulator or Motorcraft after the breakin period I'll be going back to Mobil 1.

Back