The Storm Chaser
Reaction score
City, State
Agawam, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Interceptor Utility
Callsign
WX4FUN
Yesterday I spent a few hours before work plasti-dipping my wheels. It was very easy to do. The "hardest" part was jacking the truck up and taking the wheels off.

Step 1: Clean the wheels. Get all the brake dust, dirt, mud, blood, whatever is on your wheels off. Make sure the wheels are completely dry before starting.
i-XzHT6hr-M.jpg

Step 2: Apply the first layer of plasti-dip. A very light layer is all you will need.
i-ZgrPTrb-M.jpg

Steps 3-6: Allow 10-20 minutes between applications to ensure that it has dried before adding another layer.
i-ppDsLP6-M.jpg

i-P9g9R9d-M.jpg

i-gznMKZF-M.jpg

i-c53nWDp-M.jpg

Step 7: Put the wheels back on your truck and enjoy
i-3dBJw45-M.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice! I'll being doing this soon.

Are you going to dip the center caps?

Me like. Made the to do list

what is the paint you used?

I was thinking of the title "plasti-dipped" of the canned stuff you dip wrench handles in. This looks more like spray paint? I actually like the rig not all blacked out. Some detail is nice. Now (to me, just IMHO) it looks like some high school kid rattle-canned a whole beater because that was all he could afford. Sorry, not a big fan of all-blacked-out. Reminds me of Amish buggies.

I was thinking of the title "plasti-dipped" of the canned stuff you dip wrench handles in. This looks more like spray paint? I actually like the rig not all blacked out. Some detail is nice. Now (to me, just IMHO) it looks like some high school kid rattle-canned a whole beater because that was all he could afford. Sorry, not a big fan of all-blacked-out. Reminds me of Amish buggies.

no need for negative comments

Well then lol

Attachments

• image-3104927367.jpg
    image-3104927367.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 759

I'm not ashamed to say I rattle canned my rig. Looks good cost less. Nothing wrong with that. ;)

Well then lol

"We paint our wheels at discount price living in an Amish paradise." HAHAHAHA!
But seriously I think if looks perfectly good.

I think the reason Scorpio doesn't like it is because he rattle-canned his beater when he was in high school and he was ashamed of it.... or maybe it was his Amish buggy. Muwhahahahahaha!

I think it does. I seen a 3m version also sold in Wal Mart. Plasti- Dip is cheaper in price though, good for us Amish guys. Lol!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

this is how i did mine the other day. minor over spray that rubs right off.

temporary_zpse8f9b612.jpg

Back