Please allow myself to introduce... myself... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Please allow myself to introduce... myself...

Dan66

Reaction score
City, State
Cedar Park, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT
Hi folks,

I've already posted a few questions in the "Stock" forum, but thought I'd say "hello" formally. My name is Danny and I live in Central Texas. Just about all I've driven for the past 25 years has been vintage Mustangs. My current one is a 1966 GT fastback. It - like all the others - have been drivers. Can't stand the trailer queens! ;) But with two small children, my poor old back just couldn't take bending over and stuffing them into their car seats any more. Those 2+2 backseats are reeeeeally small! So last week I found and bought a '96 XLT with 91k miles.

It's Arctic White with the gray leather interior, and just about the nicest vehicle I've ever owned. Heck - just about anything is more comfortable than a '66 Mustang. (Notice I didn't say "cooler!" :D ) Still love my fastback, but it can be semi-retired for now. The Explorer has been well cared-for, and is a pleasure to drive. Very few things to repair, but you can bet I'll be around here for the answers.

Thanks for such a resource!

Welcome to the forum!

Back