Please help ID this lower trim piece | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Please help ID this lower trim piece

01momogti

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer XLT
I was just wondering if anybody knows what model or year of explorer came with this lower moulding that connects the flares? I am assuming an eddie bauer but whas it perhaps a specific year? I'm trying to finish my flares but want to avoid the trim with the side step. Thanks

This is what I am looking for:

2015-03-04%2010.36.22.png

This is what I want to avoid/keep finding:

2015-03-04%2010.36.47.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was just wondering if anybody knows what model or year of explorer came with this lower moulding that connects the flares? I am assuming an eddie bauer but whas it perhaps a specific year? I'm trying to finish my flares but want to avoid the trim with the side step. Thanks

This is what I am looking for:

2015-03-04%2010.36.22.png

This is what I want to avoid/keep finding:

2015-03-04%2010.36.47.jpg

I am looking for this as well, interested in finding the name for it, my guess would be a rocker cover. But I really don't know.

The part is called a chassis fairing the 96 explorer xl and xlt have them like that it is odd to see a Eddie Bauer without the side steps some one special ordered that. Most dealer invoiced for the step because uppity people like their steps.

my 96 xl had them,, maybe you're looking at too new a model ??

Yup. They generally only came on the XL. It's very very rare to find them on anything other than the XL, since high models got the steps.

I must prefer the non-step trim pieces.
Just visit a junkyard and look for XL Explorers.

My 96' E.B. has them. Matter of fact, it's the exact twin of the picture posted. Maybe it was the "We've got to many of these, put em' on everything till they're gone unless they order steps" syndrome. :dunno:

I've seen them on EB up though 97, but more common on the 95 and 96. I don't recall seeing any 98+.

I don't think the rockers from any other trim level will fit with the flares.

My '98 4x XLT has the steps. But it also has leather seats, the Mach stereo, and trailering package. I think all those were included in the 945a package among other things like full roof rack, electronics group, foglights, overhead console, and some other stuff. I bought it off the lot brand new in '98. Maybe it was a special order that fell through. I never thought about that. The only thing I wished it did have was a sunroof.

Back