How to tell if you are driving XLT, XLS MODEL? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to tell if you are driving XLT, XLS MODEL?

i have a 1997 ford explorer limited 4wd 4.0ohv v-6 with 5-speed automatic but it tell me i have a 4.0ohv/cologne sohc v-6 on carfax ???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The seventh position in your VIN #will tell you. 1=XL, 2=XLS, 3=XLT. These numbers may only apply to model 2000 Explorers.

the seven vin number for me is is number 4 what does that me

4= Eddie Bauer. It's easier for you to check your lift hatch than your VIN for this info.

Thank you very much rego one question i have a 4.0 vin x and it has a 5-speed automatic with 4x4auto 4x4 high 4x4 low i jus bought my ford explorer i dont know nothing about my 1997 ford explorer the decide in the back said ford explorer xl control trac 4wd ???i has 3:73 posi because i fish tale alot in the snow or in the rain stupid control trac bullshit

It's easier for you to check your lift hatch than your VIN for this info WHERE CAN FIND 411 ON THAT THANK YOU REGO

Upon further review

The information concerning the seventh position #s in above post was taken from a 2000 Ford Explorer shop manual, and may only pertain to year 2000 Explorers. Sorry for any confusion. I will edit the post.

I have a 1997 ford explorer it said on thr back door ford explorer xl control trac 4wd i want to know if it is a xl/xlt or eddie bauer or limited i have tires size p235/75/r15 i have manual window no pwr locks no pwr mirror no cd or no casette i got rear wiper with rear deforter no i have manual seat no pwr seat i have cup holder i havr tilt steering i have cruise control no fog lights i have a 5-speed automatic with 4x4 auto 4x4 high 4x4 low i have a 3:73 posi rear check out my pictures i have a 4.0 e.f.i v-6 vin x that all i know i just got this suv today

Back