Police Interceptor Utility Photo Thread | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Police Interceptor Utility Photo Thread

Nice! I look forward to seeing what you come up with, if you decide to share.
I'll probably post photos - usually I drive these cars here in the States for a bit before shipping.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

New to the forum and the Explorer PIU. I pick up my 15 PIU with 80k on the dash this weekend and I want to upgrade the radio asap! I hear terrible things about the tesla upgrade honestly I'd be happy with the factory navigation Sony setup from the xlt does anyone know if it's plug n play with the PIU? I have the weather tech floor mats, led for the fogs and headlights, running boards coming in with in channel rain guards and ordering the remote start/keyless entry system from 12Volt.Solutions. My initial focus is on that lackluster head unit any help is much appreciated 🙏

Screenshot_20220927-194307_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20220927-193732_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20220927-194018_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20220927-193932_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20220927-193911_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20220927-193815_Facebook.jpg

Very nice. That's some mighty low mileage for a PIU.

New guy, first post: 2014 PIU 39,000 original miles, and 454 idle hours. No extra holes inside or out, it was never outfitted with lights, antennas, radios, or transport cage, but it did come with a free SecureIt rifle locker. I suppose it was an Administration errand car, or Official Business Only take home car. Very plain, the only option is daytime running lights. It also has limousine tint all around.

I will be researching and reading forum threads about adding remote start and keyless entry.

'
8.jpg

5.jpg

2014 PIU 39,000 original miles, and 454 idle hours. No extra holes inside or out, it was never outfitted with lights, antennas, radios, or transport cage, but it did come with a free SecureIt rifle locker. I suppose it was an Administration errand car, or official business only take home car. Very plain, the only option is daytime running lights. It does has limousine tint all around.

I will be looking into adding remote start and keyless entry.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Here's a before and after pic of the initial changes I've made so far.
• 2021 PIU, 3.3L V6
• Window tinting
• Taillight tiniting
• Wheels changed from the traditional black steel wheels with chrome center cap to the black ST wheels using black lugs instead of chrome lugs.View attachment 427929

Love the new 6th gen units. Looks super nice!

2014 PIU 39,000 original miles, and 454 idle hours. No extra holes inside or out, it was never outfitted with lights, antennas, radios, or transport cage, but it did come with a free SecureIt rifle locker. I suppose it was an Administration errand car, or official business only take home car. Very plain, the only option is daytime running lights. It does has limousine tint all around.

I will be looking into adding remote start and keyless entry.

View attachment 435882 View attachment 435916
You found an absolute gem of an interceptor. If you don't mind answering, how much did you pay for this in such good condition? Did you get it at auction?

You found an absolute gem of an interceptor. If you don't mind answering, how much did you pay for this in such good condition? Did you get it at auction?

I bought it on-line from ChicagoMotors.com, and had it shipped to me in Minneapolis. I don't know if $20K is a good price, but I wanted one that was low miles, low idle hours, clean inside, and not rusted to hell and back. All the PIU's in Minnesota have been marinating in road salt their entire life. Newer units with more than double the mileage are about the same price. I missed a few California and Southern state examples, because I wasn't ready to buy, so when this one popped up I had to jump on it fast. With the recent prices of all used vehicles, I am happy with what I got. I take care of my vehicles and do most of my own maintenance so this is a replacement for my 2000 Jeep XJ Cherokee.

4.jpg

I bought it on-line from ChicagoMotors.com, and had it shipped to me in Minneapolis. I don't know if $20K is a good price, but I wanted one that was low miles, low idle hours, clean inside, and not rusted to hell and back. All the PIU's in Minnesota have been marinating in road salt their entire life. I missed a few California and Southern state examples, because I wasn't ready to buy, so when this one popped up I had to jump on it fast. With the recent prices of all used vehicles, I am happy with what I got.

View attachment 435937
Good luck with your car.
I have same at 130k no drill no outer lights,
only Whalen at trunk and front, console plus Tesla screen (this 900$ plus install of hours) selling for 12.5k new york seems no one buys car nova days. 130m miles and pretty cool move from car. So i m gona keep it. The some papers come out of car was mentioned consumer agency head etc etc ???? Why consumer agency admins have interceptor cars ? Any idea ?

Good luck with your car.
I have same at 130k no drill no outer lights,
only Whalen at trunk and front, console plus Tesla screen (this 900$ plus install of hours) selling for 12.5k new york seems no one buys car nova days. 130m miles and pretty cool move from car. So i m gona keep it. The some papers come out of car was mentioned consumer agency head etc etc ???? Why consumer agency admins have interceptor cars ? Any idea ?
Hey! You mentioned you installed a tesla screen. did you find an ACC wire at all? how did your install go?
In NY too.
thanks.

Did your car have sync previously? If not how did you get the head unit to work?
And if you ever hear back from that person, im curious as well. Trying to install a T'eyes head unit, having major issues finding ACC wire or something that can be used as ACC wire.

Friend picked this up for me as a joke, and homage to a cult classic movie...

Gonna run it for a little while just for fun, but not a permanent addition.

runningscaredposter.jpg nsindel Plate Framey.jpg nsindel Plate Framex.jpg

Dude, that's hilarious!

Here's mah new baybay. We're looking for a used push bar, anyone know where we could find one?

20230516_191209.jpg

You can order new ($$$) or you can check your local junk yard. Fleet Services for your local county/sheriff's dept MIGHT tell you where the junkers go. But that's a way cheaper option.

Here's mah new baybay. We're looking for a used push bar, anyone know where we could find one?
Found this in the For Sale subforum.

Peter

Found this in the For Sale subforum.

Peter

thats an old thread plus he says he's in California and won't ship =(

2014 PIU
Added roof rack
Removed spotlight
Explorer hood emblem
9011 Headlight Bulbs
Aftermarket fog lights installed
LED Fog light bulbs
20% tint on driver/pass windows

Just waiting on the right deal for some XLT wheels...

View attachment 96440

View attachment 96441
Hello, I just bought a 2014 FPIU. I just saw your mods...and that's exactly whats I'm looking for to do it to mine. Fog lamps and a roof rack! Can you please let me know more on the mods?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello, I just bought a 2014 FPIU. I just saw your mods...and that's exactly whats I'm looking for to do it to mine. Fog lamps and a roof rack! Can you please let me know more on the mods?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
FYI, the member you are seeking a reply from was last seen here on April 19, 2019.

Peter

Back