Police Interceptor Utility Photo Thread | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Police Interceptor Utility Photo Thread

Picked up a 2016 FPIU. It has 205k and runs like a top. Was formerly a commercial vehicle inspection arizona state trooper vehicle. I live in a rural part of north eastern AZ so I use it for my drives into town, or down to phoenix. Im a ham radio operator so it allowed me to add all the radio equipment I needed and the ability to power anything Id want pretty much. View attachment 426734View attachment 426735View attachment 426736
Nice! Welcome to the forum.
Not sure if this link will work. But these people talked about it. But I have my fingers crossed for you!!
Thread '2017 PIU Remote Start' 2017 PIU Remote Start
Sadly, no. Everything is enabled in Forscan and hood switch is installed. I'll be looking at an OEM solution as I'm not big on aftermarket stuff plugging into my OBDII reader.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's a before and after pic of the initial changes I've made so far.
• 2021 PIU, 3.3L V6
• Window tinting
• Taillight tiniting
• Wheels changed from the traditional black steel wheels with chrome center cap to the black ST wheels using black lugs instead of chrome lugs.
20220315_214400.jpg

Here's a before and after pic of the initial changes I've made so far.
• 2021 PIU, 3.3L V6
• Window tinting
• Taillight tiniting
• Wheels changed from the traditional black steel wheels with chrome center cap to the black ST wheels using black lugs instead of chrome lugs.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Are they the same vehicle? The "after" one looks bluish and now seems to have the driver side spotlight.

Peter

Are they the same vehicle? The "after" one looks bluish and now seems to have the driver side spotlight.

Peter
Hi Peter,

Thank you for the welcome. Yes it's the same vehicle. The before picture was at the dealership before the spotlight got installed. The after picture is with my phone which might have contributed to the image discoloration.

Thank you for the welcome. Yes it's the same vehicle. The before picture was at the dealership before the spotlight got installed. The after picture is with my phone which might have contributed to the image discoloration.
Nice ride.

View attachment 329902
I am in Maine too, I'm in Sanford. Just picked this up a few days ago, was a Falmouth PD vehicle. I really like it so far, only problem is some surging/bucking at light throttle around 30mph and occasional shuddering in sync with the surging. Gonna do some basic 100k tune up stuff and hope for the best. I started a thread on it.
Old thread but I'm taking a shot anyways. I just got a 2016 police utility out of Lebanon NH and it too has the surging/bucking at light throttle. Did you happen to figure it out??

Old thread but I'm taking a shot anyways. I just got a 2016 police utility out of Lebanon NH and it too has the surging/bucking at light throttle. Did you happen to figure it out??

Peter

Peter
Hey thanks! Just got mine about a month ago. Havent done much with it outside of installing new speakers in all the doors. Still a work in progress, just happy they all worked. I'll post pics as I go.

If anyone has some insight as to why she sputters at low speeds I'd love the help. I've checked the spark plugs and fuel injectors. They seem alright. Full disclosure I'm no mechanic.

IMG_20220216_164148~2.jpg IMG_20220223_092128363_HDR.jpg IMG_20220216_164144.jpg

Ah, you have one from my state!
I just spent two months in Europe - do travel between the US and Poland pretty often. Working on a new one right now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just spent two months in Europe - do travel between the US and Poland pretty often. Working on a new one right now.
Nice! I look forward to seeing what you come up with, if you decide to share.

Back