• Register Today It's free!

possible computer update?

callam

Reaction score
City, State
west branch, mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Ford Explorer XLT
I took my 2021 explorer xlt in for some insurance work related to chipmunks and got my car back today, they must have updated my computer or something because the screen between the analog speedo and tach has changed. I can now control my radio and phone and GPS and more from my steering wheel and pick and choose what screens I can show, super cool and exciting. the job was to replace the insulation in the engine bay so they had to remove the engine and transmission. the tech said it was all torn up badly.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

pics please

I took my 2021 explorer xlt in for some insurance work related to chipmunks and got my car back today, they must have updated my computer or something because the screen between the analog speedo and tach has changed. I can now control my radio and phone and GPS and more from my steering wheel and pick and choose what screens I can show, super cool and exciting. the job was to replace the insulation in the engine bay so they had to remove the engine and transmission. the tech said it was all torn up badly.
Very neat. Do you have the digital instrument cluster or no.

Very neat. Do you have the digital instrument cluster or no.
hope this does not come across as rude. i do not have a digital dash that is why I put that it was the screen between the "analog" speedo and tach

20221111_123248.jpg 20221111_123258.jpg 20221111_123317.jpg 20221111_123346.jpg 20221111_123354.jpg

Seeing this pisses me off. On the ST there is a full digital cluster and in some modes it only shows the speedo, other it shows the speedo and tach. On the modes that show both, they are backwards. The speedo is on the left and tach is on the right. The norm is speedo on the right for vehicles that are driven on the right side of the road. If the primary market for the ST was those that drive on the wrong side of the road, I could see maybe putting the speedo on the left of the cluster. But the ST's market is here in North America, and it's built here too. WTF ford?

Seeing this pisses me off. On the ST there is a full digital cluster and in some modes it only shows the speedo, other it shows the speedo and tach. On the modes that show both, they are backwards. The speedo is on the left and tach is on the right. The norm is speedo on the right for vehicles that are driven on the right side of the road. If the primary market for the ST was those that drive on the wrong side of the road, I could see maybe putting the speedo on the left of the cluster. But the ST's market is here in North America, and it's built here too. WTF ford?
Ok not sure how that correlates to my post but that could be annoying. Just like I'm glad I have the small screen for the radio because I get extra storage under the screen

Yea, sorry about that. At least your screen has the speedo on the right like it should be. I will never understand why the basic xlt gets it right but the more expensive ST gets it bass akwards?

Yea, sorry about that. At least your screen has the speedo on the right like it should be. I will never understand why the basic xlt gets it right but the more expensive ST gets it bass akwards?
yea I'm glad mine did not come with it then cause my OCD would hate the fact the speedo isn't in the same spot all the time. also wish that I could change the screen to show the digital speed bigger in the middle of the screen like my friends dodge Durango did

I would have thought the Explorer and Aviator displays would have been much alike. I have the speedo on the right.

Peter

Clip_43.jpg

Back