Possible issue with TSP | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Possible issue with TSP

jm.ray91

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer
Earlier today my way engine threw a trouble code for a faulty tsp. I went and got it replaced and the code is gone now but I have more issues. Whenever I rev the truck in park or neutral I can get it above 3000rpms but then it will drop down to almost know rpms which I belive may be cause ld by a bad iac. The other issues is since ive had it replace whenever im traveling down the highway I cannot get the truck over 3000rpms. I have no clue what could be causing that. I had a koer and a koeo test run and it came back with a code of p1124. I dont know if this is the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah I checked it and it states that you should set the tps a little forward if it rotates clockwise and rotate backwards and you should feel some resistance. I did that yet if I rotate backwards then I feel no resistance yet if I rotate clockwise I feel resistance but thats only when the bolt holes are already lined up. My throttle body tab rotates clockwise. Is that what that post said? It confused me a little but if that what it says then I have it installed correctly yet its still giving me the same issues I described earlier. I really dont wanna pay a ton to put my truck in the shop.

Yeah my butterfly valve rotates clockwise and so does my tps. I double checked that. But I have no tension when the screw holes are lined up. Yet when I rotate the sensor clockwise I get tension then the butterfly valve opens. I am going to buy a multimeter to check the voltages next hoping it could be a bad pigtail. What are the standard voltages for the tps?

Ok to find out orielly sold me the part for the sohc I went to autozone and got the one for the ohv and it works. Thank you for your help

Back