Power seat wiring harness | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Power seat wiring harness

indyex

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 xls 4wd,06 xlt 4wd
I have an 02 xls, interested in putting in power,heated leather seats. Is the wiring harness already there? I checked the main and auxillary fuse boxes and there is a fuse in the main for the seat heater and in the auxillary for power seat. Thanks for your help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I put a power (not heated) driver's seat in place of the original manual seat on my '04 XLS. The plugs did not match up, so I just ran new power and ground and spliced into the wires on the seat. It was a pita at first, just identifying the correct wires, but overall it wasn't very difficult. Make sure to run good wire if you do this. The seat didn't want to move with the first run I used (either 16ga or 14ga), but I ended up using 10ga and it now works beautifully.

Thanks jluv. Anyone else have any experience with this? Thanks again.

can someone post a write up on this as to which wires to splice..... ect. thanks

anyone have any info? what wires to cut? where to get the power from? where did you ground?

Just put power seats in, ran a fused 12 awg wire from the battery with a 15A fuse on it, just used a ring terminal for the ground (12 gauge, and scraped the paint off where the rear drivers side bolt goes in,under the carpet, and it works perfect, and it doesn't matter which wire goes where (power ground), well it does it just reverses the control (ie. happened to me, went to move forward, and it moved back, go under it, switched wires and it worked)

Did you have trouble with the airbag light? Which wires on the yellow connector did you connect to the seat?

I just added power seats from a '96 into my '94. I clipped the pigtail from the '96 at the wire loom that runs along the door sill. I just attached the pigtail to the correct wires running along mine and it works like a champ. Wiring colors were the same. Just had to tap into them.

Back