• Register Today It's free!

Premium sound

Manager

Reaction score
City, State
Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
I have a 2011 Explorer limited. Can't find owners manual. How do you download cd's to the audio system?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't think you download any music to the actual system (as in a hard drive storage unit). You can play music off of USB flash drives or an SD card if you don't have one for the add-on Nav system taking up the slot. These slots are in the center behind the shifter.

You just need to download your music to one of those, pop it in, and choose it as the music source.

Ask your dealer where your manual package is because there is a lot of great information in there that you should read. They handed mine to me and even went through the contents. :)

Manager, register on the Ford Owners website at http://www.flmowner.com. The owner's manual will be available after you enter your truck's VIN number.

From what I'm reading, it looks like MFT doesn't have a hard-drive available for storing music, like Sync does.

I have a 2011 Explorer limited. Can't find owners manual.
Owner's manual available for download from Ford Fleet:
Dead Link Removed

Thanks everyone for your help. It is really odd that unlike all other manufacturers, we can't load a cd and record it to the hard drive. I took it for granted that with a "loaded" 2011 Limited, I wouldn't have to connect an iPod or similar device. As the "manager", my company has owned Chrysler 300's, Cadillac cts's, STS's, and most recently, 2009 Lincoln MKS's. All capable of loading cd's, and uploading them to the hard drive. Go figure.

Back