• Register Today It's free!

Prevent my sub box from moving

Tyrant1419

Reaction score
City, State
MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
I got two 10s in the back and I was wondering if anyone could give me any ideas to prevent them from moving under acceleration or during turns. Any pointers?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bolt it down through the floor if you're a little paranoid like me you can also bolt it from the inside as well as outside the box I'm not sure about where you're from, but here if it ain't bolted down it ain't covered by insurance...

one word.........VELCRO

I am not sure about your box, how big it is etc but they have been known to kill people in collisions.

I use the tie down hooks and a ratchet strap to secure my small box, I got some cabinet door handles from home depot, installed them on the sides of the box for the strap to route through, it works fanstastic even when 4x4ing :)

I did consider bolting it down but that's a last resort. Im interested in the velcro idea but I'm sure if it will be strong enough since I do a lil off-roading here and there. Im really interested in the strap idea would that also require drilling?

i have 2 bungee cords holding my 2 12"s and it never moves

If it slides around, try some no-slip rug material under the box.

41830.jpg

thanks ill try the bungee cord that looks like my best bet thanks guys for all of your help

Get a bigger heavier sub.

Ha I was thinkin about that but i should prolly upgrade my speakers before i do it. Do you notice any major difference when upgrading from stock speakers?

Yes. Especially since your speakers are almost 10 years old. The stock speakers don't sound bad for being stock and old, but new aftermarket ones will sound better.

velcro worked for me, sticks right to carpet

Heres what i did with mine worked real good.

I went and got 4 L brackets andsome self taping screws. Also i cut a slit in the fabric and the carpet used a flat head to pull it up enought to get the top of the bracket in. and screwd it to the floor and the box.

The reason for the slit you ask the bracket tucks under the fabric and under the carpet the screw head is the only thing visible so i got some touch up paint tan (carpet color) and black (box color)and painted the srew heads.

Back