Primary Timing Chain Service Procedure | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Primary Timing Chain Service Procedure

assembly instructions

Thank you but they dont seem to be working, any chance of pming me a copy please ?

If you PM me your email address I'll send you a copy of the 2005 Mustang SOHC V6 assembly instructions.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hi my name is mike

my wife ford explorer 4.0 v6, needs rear timing chain, and the dealer want 3000.00 to do it, so im going to do it myself, does anyone have the working file in this thread....thanks,.....or any tips and tricks, i order the chains, gasket kit, and even the 6886 timing tools.......so im ready ?????? thanks

SOHC V6 assembly instructions

my wife ford explorer 4.0 v6, needs rear timing chain, and the dealer want 3000.00 to do it, so im going to do it myself, does anyone have the working file in this thread....thanks,.....or any tips and tricks, i order the chains, gasket kit, and even the 6886 timing tools.......so im ready ?????? thanks

As I previously posted, if you PM me your email address I'll send you a copy of the SOHC V6 assembly instructions. Attachments are not allowed via PMs.

hey guys i havent forgot all the help

because of cold and rain, i havent be able to work on my wifes truck, i will gat back to it, but every time i come home i need to drive my wife around, and that sucks having 1 car, so i didnt give up, and i hope to do it before x-mas...but we will see..........thanks and happy holiday

HPIM2504-1.jpg

Hi All,

I'm in the midst of a 97 4.0 SOHC partial rebuild and would love to get a copy of these docs. I have one of the few 2WD 4.0 SOHC that *has* a balance shaft. It had the death-rattle and also developed an internal leak (cracked head) and I've got it all apart for repairs and am gathering as much info as possible and this thread is of great value to many people. :)

Were you ever able to rehost these docs anywhere else or can you perhaps email them to me? I might also be able to host them somewhere as I have space that I'm not using. Please let me know. Thanks!

--mike

Back