Project X: Tortion Twist and Drop Blocks | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Project X: Tortion Twist and Drop Blocks

Yep. Sounds like a good deal... $279.99 for 4 sets with free shipping! Thanks, man.:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the Gabriel VST's and for the price they are bomb. At $23 a shock, can't beat it. They are very stiff IMO. Control body roll alot more. Overall good shock.

They're good if you live somewhere with nice roads, around here, roads take decades to build and even more to rebuild so it's nothing but potholes. The IAS shocks will go soft for a cycle if you hit a pothole which saves some jolt to you and your truck.

I have Edelbrocks on my truck as well and I'm happy with them, but the back does tend to bottom out when i hit a bump while travelling too fast. I'm thinking about going with some stiffer shocks to prevent this.

Originally posted by 98greyxlt
I'm thinking about going with some stiffer shocks to prevent this.

What are you thinking of getting if you already have Edelbrock? I mean, what's a step up?

I vote for the edelbrocks!
thumbsup.gif
I just puts some on and they are so much better than the bilsteins I had on before. More comfortable ride, especially on these rough San Diego roads.

Ted

Basically, what everyone is saying is, it is expensive but worth the price.

Does anybody do NOT like Edelbrocks? :rolleyes:

Ask aldive how long they last, that might change your mind. ;)

Well, I went ahead and ordered the Edelbrock shocks at EE. $279.80 for the set + shipping. I'll find out for myself if all the good (and bad) reviews about Edelbrocks are for real.

Originally posted by explorer4x493
I have the Gabriel VST's and for the price they are bomb. At $23 a shock, can't beat it. They are very stiff IMO. Control body roll alot more. Overall good shock.

Were they made to go on lowered X?

PS. Hey explorer4x493, check your email...:)

It's an illusion !

Most EX's don't actually sag in the rear. They only appear to, because the front and rear wheel wells are cut differently.

Measuring from the bottom of the tupperware (or step bar) on either end (and on both sides) should give you an idea of how close to level you actually are.

If your EX is truly level, it will appear to have rear end sag.

My EX has been lowered 2 1/2" in the front and 1 1/2" in the rear. The 1" difference makes it appear level at a glance, but if you really look at it, you can tell it actually rakes.

Camber

I di the two inch drop a while ago, and luckily the factory equipment has survived for eight months. However, I just got new tires, 275/60R15, and I don't want to mess them up. Does anyone know where I can get a camber kit cheap. In miami the alinement shop is charging me $90 for the kit, $90 for install, and $40 for alinement. I want to get it cheaper if possible, but need help. Anyone got any ideas, or live in miami and know a place?

An update on my drop:

The allignment shop RAISED my lowered truck 1/2" up. I guess to fixed the negative angle. It now sits at 31". I haven't return it yet. I want to know what else they messed up on. Maybe they did not install the Camber Kit at all! How do I find out for myself. I don't even know where it is located.

Does anyone know why they did this? Did they run out of adjustments on the suspension that they had to raise it? This is messed up.:mad:

platnumized02....that sounds about right and if you buy them from EE they will charge shipping and it will even out...the shop will still charge the 90 for installation cause they have to completely dissassemble the front upper suspension to install it. at any rate you are looking at a decent price...especially for miami. (hey i am getting ready to move to that area...ill drop you an email when i get there and maybe we can meet up sometime)

X-factor.... you can tell if they installed it by looking at where the upper A arm attaches to the frame...on the outer part of the bracket there will be a new shiny piece of metal...thats the camber adjusters...there will be one on the front and back part of the A arm. did you tell them it was lowered or are the adjusters sticking way down? cause that may be why they raised it....its also the way they fine tune the camber. they may have been lazy but i think they did install the camber adjusters cause there is no way it would be within spec if they just raised it a 1/2 inch. but if its not to your likeing then take it back and tell them to do it right and to stop slacking!! :D

Explorer4x495, Where did you find the Gabirels for $23?

west2100, Pepboys carries them, I believe. They could also install them for you for a price. If you have the basic tools, you should be able to install it yourself. For me the hardest part was taking the wheels off. :D

Back