2003 Explorer 4.0 4x4 83k

He said he was about 2000 miles overdue for an oil change
0121000957-1.jpg

0121000956.jpg

13.9 hours labor @ $69 an hour = $959.10
Used 40k motor $1200
Total $2159.10

Cost of checking your oil from time to time $0

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2000 miles overdue at what interval? 3K, 5k, etc? I highly doubt the lack of a oil change at 2000 miles overdue would do that kind of damage.

2000 miles overdue at what interval? 3K, 5k, etc? I highly doubt the lack of a oil change at 2000 miles overdue would do that kind of damage.

I agree, 2k miles isn't very far over the oil change interval, and with city driving your just talking maybe 2-3 weeks past scheduled oil change. $1,200 for a used motor is highway robbery btw. I can get them all day long for $100-500 depending on mileage.

I believe he was using 5K intervals. I dont believe him, I'm sure he had missed an oil change and was due for another. Most people lie to me about what they did or didn't do to cause the car problems. Like it will make it cheaper to fix.:rolleyes:

I'm just posting this as a reminder to change your oil and check the level at least once a month or every thousand miles.:D

I agree, 2k miles isn't very far over the oil change interval, and with city driving your just talking maybe 2-3 weeks past scheduled oil change. $1,200 for a used motor is highway robbery btw. I can get them all day long for $100-500 depending on mileage.
this motor is warrantied.;) Also we didn't buy the motor he did.

I really hope he was lying. I just changed my fathers oil today and he changes his oil every 7500 miles car runs fine.

WTF is that poking out there?? A rod? Did he ventilate the block?

Yep you can see the crank in that pic after we get the new motor in I will tear the old one down and post more pics.;)

Back