puddle lights/running board lights? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

puddle lights/running board lights?

I have a 99 limited with the lights under the side mirrors and in the running boards. I was wondering how do i replace the bulbs and where can i get green bulbs to match the color of my X? and what number are they? thanx

Hi there. I am not sure how to take the cover off, but buy a haynes manual from chapters, or indigo books, or wherever you can find one. I had one that outlined the breakdown of my 94' sport and basically told me how to take the entire thing appart. Great tool to have. As far as bulbs, you might try NAPA, or something like that, but a way cooler effect would be to go to www.varad.com and get yourself some LEDs. They make adapted leds to fit in to conventional bulb sockets, but if they didnt have the base type you were looking for you could always just buy the un-adapted led and solder it in to place. They are better than bulbs for a few reasons, 1) brighter. 2) Use less power. finally 3) they last about 100,000 hours. will outlast your ride! please leave me a message if you have questions.

Back