push button 4x4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

push button 4x4

bigslimm

Reaction score
my 4x4 works but when I go to disengage it (push button on dash) it seems to not want to disengage unless u beat the crap out of the button lol for about 5 minutes or so, anybody know how to fix that

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my 4x4 works but when I go to disengage it (push button on dash) it seems to not want to disengage unless u beat the crap out of the button lol for about 5 minutes or so, anybody know how to fix that

Could just be that the button is gummed up electrically. I can't remember how easy it is to pull that switch out. But I would want to try spraying it with a ton of WD40 or contact cleaner while I was pressing it. That usually works for me.

Have you checked out the transfer case shift motor internals? Wonder if the contacts on the sensing points are gunked up or if the stop bushing is on its way out.

The switch is super easy to remove,I bet someone here (maybe me,I got to look) has another good switch they will part with cheap from a beater or wreck,Joe Dirt would be the guy to ask.

At least then you eliminate the easiest thing.:D

thanx everyone but I think I'm jus gonna replace it with a new one

Replace what, your transfer case motor? If so can I have your old one? I'd love to have a spare :D

If you mean the switch, you should be able to find a junkyard unit for a few bucks.

not the t-case motor, the push button on my dash, if I do replace the t-case motor then yes u can have it, haven't had time to look at it yet so not sure what I'm gonna do there yet

Back