Question of wiring harness

Lewshus

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer XLT
Hey guys,

I bought a headunit from sonicelectronix, they included the dash kit and a wiring harness. This is the harness: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3367_Scosche+FD23B+-+FD23.html

I have a 2004 Explorer xlt. This harness did not fit and im wondering if anyone knows which harness i should use. I'm a little ticked because I was right the middle of the install when I found out it didnt fit.

Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what stinks is that there can be two type of harnesses for the '04, based on the FSM, and my '04. Is the plug on the back of the radio is it black or grey?
Also Base radios got the old harness (World plugs pre-2003) while the premium systems got the new connectors (Phase II 2005 and up).
So when i bought plugs for the base unit i had to look up the harness for 2003 models to find the right one for my '04. Metra has them.

Well i dont think my stereo is premium. I do have the ceiling mounted dvd player. The plugs are black. I was looking at the metra 70-1771.

The Black means World Plugs, 1998-2003 is when they used those. 70-1771 looks like its the right one.

Then that's what ill buy. Thanks for you help.

Back