quick question for replacing door speakers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

quick question for replacing door speakers

alpinex93

Reaction score
City, State
Emmitsburg, Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 eddie bauer
i have a 93 and im replacing the back speakers ....but i cant figure out which wire on teh stock wires is positive and negative.....thre different colors on both sides of the doors....and i dont have one of those tools to test to see which is positive and negative thanks in advance

one of the ways of figuring out whats positive and negative is to hold the wires to the terminals of the new speakers while the radio/cd is on and listen. If the music sounds distance and odd then swap the wires on the terminals. You wont get shocked by holding the wires.

You will need a battery and a piece of speaker wire. Connect the speaker wire to the speaker. Hold a piece of the wire on the negative side of the battery (flat side) and while watching the speaker briefly hold the other piece of wire on the postive side of the battery. If the speaker pops out towards you that is the correct positve and negative, if it pops in then reverse the battery and try again it should pop out then you have found the postive and negative. Don't keep the battery connected for more than a second or two.

Search for wiring diagrams on google. thats where i found mine.

Back