Quick tire/wheel question... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Quick tire/wheel question...

Can you run 31x10.50's on a 10" rim? National tire is having a sale and I will eventually have 33-35" tires on a 15x10 rim. If I can get the rims now I will. Also - any suggestions for backspacing? 3.75??
Thanks for the help!

Jon

Yes you can !

31x10.5 will Definately fit on 15x10 rims!

A possible problem may be that they will be so wide!

I put them on my 75 Bronco Major Improvement. They looked awesome but when I turned they rubbed!
You may have to trim! I don't know if you have a lift or not. With a lift it should be ok but because of the width you will have to back space. I don't fully understand back spacing myself! Sorry, I can't help you out there!

Alto,
Thanks for the help. I have a 3"b/l now and will add either a 5.5" lift or remove the 3" and run only the 5.5" in about a month. I definitely want the wide look as I won't go to the larger tires until summer time. Thanks again!

Jon

with 5.-6" lift, 33's will rub on 10" wide rims. I have been going through this same dilema. I asked everyone that and they all agreed. I even asked the tech man at national tire and wheel. I currently run 6" suspension and 3" body, but the 3" is coming off. I just ordered 33x12.50 mud terrains on 15x8 rims with 3.75" backspacing. It seems, after many hours of questions and deliberation, that is the best setup. Unless you plan on just driving on the pavement........then go with the 10" rims. Just a suggestion.

John,
Thanks for the answer. Looks like that is the way to go then. I'll start looking for the rims now...

Jon

Back