Radiator Leak Went Away | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Radiator Leak Went Away

I don't envy you. I am way passed trying to work on these new vehicles with all the computer and electronics. Back in the day I could drop a ford C4-C6 Mopar torqueflite and have it back in the vehicle in 2 hours. Best of luck on your ASE certification you will get it. Your toughest decision will be to open your own shop (buying equipment) or working for a shop/dealership.
Yep, these new cars are completely stupid with all these touch screens and computers and thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks, and yeah, I mean I get bored easy I try to fix everything I can and if I can't I tear it down to figure out how it failed and what caused it to fail and this is a very scary path for me because I only get one shot to do this right and i don't want to mess it up so that's another reason I do YouTube videos that way one day maybe if something falls through I will have a backup plan and won't be homeless or broke
Not that you are asking for advice or even need it, I think the most important aspect of running a business is to treat your customers or clients well. I don't mean to do stuff for free or at low profit margins but make them feel that their money was well spent with you. My best marketing was done by my clients. If I treated them well then they would be very loyal to me and recommend other to use me. I still work for many people who initially came to me in the 1990s. Doing this for a number of years builds up a very strong and reliable client/customer base and will almost always result in a very successful business, IMO. Basically, you out hustle your competition.

There is a local vehicle repair shop near me that is owned and operated by a Korean mechanic and he has hired his family members to work in his shop. They are all hard working people and I use them for repairs that need a lift or special tools and/or skills and knowledge. Or things I just don't have the time to do myself. There have been many times I have asked him to look at, or repair, something and he has told me it isn't necessary. He could have done the repair and I would have never known it was unnecessary. I trust him completely to work on my vehicles. He has never disappointed me. I have probably sent two dozen people to him as a result of his excellent service. To my knowledge, all these people were very pleased with his service and now recommend him to people they know. Also, his shop isn't super clean and organized or has top notch equipment. It is highly functional though and efficient. Sometimes it is hard for me to believe he has completed the repairs I needed done in such a short time frame. Especially considering the high work load he has on a daily basis. I think this is possible because he and his workers don't waste a lot of time making sure the shop is pristine and very organized. Maybe it is the Korean work ethic that makes them so efficient. I have never seen a non Korean employee there.

Wife pulls up with the 2010 in limp mode overheated. It's 8 degrees out, 40 MPH wind and the truck's a gallon low in antifreeze. It's dribbling out of the bottom of the radiator it seems.

I look it over, refill the coolant and replace the 20 lb radiator cap with a 16 lb one. I pressurize the system with a tester and it holds 16 pounds for five minutes. The antifreeze tests okay to 15 below zero.

Seems fine now. Driving around all day. WTF? Am I lucky or is this going to come back and bite me?

The radiator was changed in 2018 with a new Motorcraft one.
Was there snow and ice obstructing the airflow to the radiator?

Not that you are asking for advice or even need it, I think the most important aspect of running a business is to treat your customers or clients well. I don't mean to do stuff for free or at low profit margins but make them feel that their money was well spent with you. My best marketing was done by my clients. If I treated them well then they would be very loyal to me and recommend other to use me. I still work for many people who initially came to me in the 1990s. Doing this for a number of years builds up a very strong and reliable client/customer base and will almost always result in a very successful business, IMO. Basically, you out hustle your competition.

There is a local vehicle repair shop near me that is owned and operated by a Korean mechanic and he has hired his family members to work in his shop. They are all hard working people and I use them for repairs that need a lift or special tools and/or skills and knowledge. Or things I just don't have the time to do myself. There have been many times I have asked him to look at, or repair, something and he has told me it isn't necessary. He could have done the repair and I would have never known it was unnecessary. I trust him completely to work on my vehicles. He has never disappointed me. I have probably sent two dozen people to him as a result of his excellent service. To my knowledge, all these people were very pleased with his service and now recommend him to people they know. Also, his shop isn't super clean and organized or has top notch equipment. It is highly functional though and efficient. Sometimes it is hard for me to believe he has completed the repairs I needed done in such a short time frame. Especially considering the high work load he has on a daily basis. I think this is possible because he and his workers don't waste a lot of time making sure the shop is pristine and very organized. Maybe it is the Korean work ethic that makes them so efficient. I have never seen a non Korean employee there.
Exactly bro I believe in treating customers/clients with the upmost respect and make them feel like their money is well spent I am also an auto detailer and landscaper during the summer so there's a lot I do to make my customers feel like they got their money's worth

No snow or ice, but 8 degrees with a 40mph wind chill. Maybe the bottom tank was freezing; it's sticking way out there.

Third day with no trouble, no coolant loss... 600 miles. I'm watching it.

It's the 4.6L V8 in a 2010.

I don't envy you. I am way passed trying to work on these new vehicles with all the computer and electronics. Back in the day I could drop a ford C4-C6 Mopar torqueflite and have it back in the vehicle in 2 hours. Best of luck on your ASE certification you will get it. Your toughest decision will be to open your own shop (buying equipment) or working for a shop/dealership.
I only do basic maintenance on my wife's 2015 Edge. If it develops an issue it almost always goes to the shop.

Back