Rancho Quick Lift Install concerns... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rancho Quick Lift Install concerns...

Exia989

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer NBX V8
So finally ordered myself the rancho quick lift struts for my 03 Explorer, but upon thinking I finally got all the right parts, I noticed that there was about an inch difference in size for the rear struts...I know they are different model numbers, but it seems odd that they would be different overall lengths...

Anyone know if this is supposed to be how it is or if I need to return one? Was hoping to start this evening on installing them, so I'm wondering if anyone already went through this that can let me know one way or the other so I can start installing them rather than wait for rancho to open back up tomorrow.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The difference will level your vehicle.
Just had these put in my 03 xls.
Raised front 2" and rear 1.25"

Are you saying that the struts for the rear are 2 different sizes, or are you concerned that the fronts are longer than the rear? The rear struts should be the same length, and the fronts should be the same length, but the fronts are longer than the rear. If there is any variance in driver vs passenger side then you have the wrong part and it needs to be returned.

I had three different part numbers when I did mine last year. The rears are the same, the fronts have their own respective part number. Check out their site, it'll list vehicle specific part numbers. Double check before you install.

I'm running 265/70r17 on 17x9 wheels on my mountaineer. Suspension has been awesome, did a great job with being loaded down and lots of heavy travel!

Back