The Storm Chaser
Reaction score
City, State
Agawam, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Interceptor Utility
Callsign
WX4FUN
I finally got around to buying these things. So far I have the driver rear installed. That one was relatively easy once I got the stock strut out. Now I'm working on the passenger rear. This is where I'm having the problem. No matter how I line the top three bolts up, I cannot get the bottom to line up with the control arm. Short of compressing the spring and realign everything, is there any way to get the holes to line up? My cousin and I have tried sticking the bolt in the hole and attempting to turn it with no luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

i-t7pWBTx-M.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Clamp the top in a bench vise and put a steel bar in the bottom hole as a lever. The longer the better since you'll need some leverage. Rotate it until the bottom eyelet is in the right place.

That red plastic seat that the lower part of the spring sits on will stay stationary,and the metal seat beneath it will turn since it is welded to the body of the shock.

You can also bolt the top of the strut in and do the same thing with the steel bar, but there isn't as much room.

I finally got around to buying these things. So far I have the driver rear installed. That one was relatively easy once I got the stock strut out. Now I'm working on the passenger rear. This is where I'm having the problem. No matter how I line the top three bolts up, I cannot get the bottom to line up with the control arm. Short of compressing the spring and realign everything, is there any way to get the holes to line up? My cousin and I have tried sticking the bolt in the hole and attempting to turn it with no luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

i-t7pWBTx-M.jpg

Can you post some pictures of your truck when its done? Id like to see how it looks with these

Here is a quick shot from a few minutes ago. I'll post more tomorrow

i-hHSnZFh-M.jpg

Yeah, it took three trips to my mechanic to use his spring compressor and calibration tools (hammer and pry bar) on the front passenger strut but they're in. It is about 2-2.25" higher.

i-rXVcbpp-L.jpg

I take it this means you were able to fix the issue. Looks good :thumbsup:

Back