• Register Today It's free!

Random Service RSC light

Ford4life32

Reaction score
City, State
Garden city Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Explorer XLT
In the past two or three weeks my service RSC now light has come on about four times. Randomly coming on days apart from each other. i have plugged in my code reader when it has come on and no codes have popped up. As soon as i turn the truck off and back on again it goes away. No issues have surfaced everything seems normal. But the warning message keeps coming on periodically and i have no idea whats wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've had this issue in the past. Random RSC warnings. I was told it was interference from the ignition coils. I had the coils replaced and it was good for about 2 years.

Yesterday I had the warning light come on again. I guess we'll have to see what they find.

often times this is a wheel-bearing

This. If a wheel bearing is worn and allowing some slop or play in the spindle/hub, the ABS wheel speed sensor will get a funky reading or none at all from the trigger wheel.

2010 Explorer XLT. Just started having similar issues. Service RSC warning light and joyful buzzer and the squiggly car symbol. No other warnings (ABS, brakes,wrench, etc.). My code reader says C1516 and C1517. Does anyone have an idea what I should be focusing on to fix this issue. No driving issues but the buzzer is driving me nuts.

Back