RCI skidplate for sale for Explorer/Ranger | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

RCI skidplate for sale for Explorer/Ranger

Hey all,

I'm selling my RCI metalworks skidplate that I bought for my 03 sport last year and never mounted up... I did spray paint it with the rustoleum bedliner so it would be easy to touch up when scratched... I can dig up some actual pictures I took of it, right now it's packed in the back of my garage. If you want to see actual pics too I'm happy to get it out. I ended up buying a new tacoma so my explorer odds and ends have to go.

http://www.rcimetalworks.com/98-11-Ranger-Front-Skid-Plate-RAN-98-11-01.htm

You can see an actual unpainted pic of it on my registry page here
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/jens-03-sport.266259/page-11#post-3418757

Sells new for $195 + shipping + tax, make me an offer I can refuse :)
Would prefer to meet locally on the Front Range (Colorado) or in Summit County, but I'm not averse to potentially shipping it, splitting the shipping cost with the buyer depending on how much they want to charge! This sucker is heavy.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OH NO!!!! YOU'VE GONE TO THE DARKSIDE!!! Just kidding. Been meaning to message you, we're in Georgetown now. I mean, like living in Georgetown now. I would be interested in this little gem for sure if I can find enough pennies in the couch. I'm still rockin the 96 and putting Jeeps to shame. So you didn't get rid of your Explorer did you? What other odds and ends have to go?

We should do a trail soon before that ugly white crap gets here. I'm thinking Peak 10 in the evening and hang out till after dark to see the lights? Let me or Leila know if there's a day or time that works for you. I'm going to be disappointed if I miss peak 10 AGAIN this year.

OH NO!!!! YOU'VE GONE TO THE DARKSIDE!!! Just kidding. Been meaning to message you, we're in Georgetown now. I mean, like living in Georgetown now. I would be interested in this little gem for sure if I can find enough pennies in the couch. I'm still rockin the 96 and putting Jeeps to shame. So you didn't get rid of your Explorer did you? What other odds and ends have to go?

We should do a trail soon before that ugly white crap gets here. I'm thinking Peak 10 in the evening and hang out till after dark to see the lights? Let me or Leila know if there's a day or time that works for you. I'm going to be disappointed if I miss peak 10 AGAIN this year.

Hey! We are basically neighbors if you are living in Georgetown! Summer goes by way too fast around here, ughhhh. It's beautiful up here though! I've been so frickin busy on the weekends I'm never around, and if I'm here I'm on call for work! I need to win the lottery - it already snowed on us last weekend, but if I can check my schedule and have a free day it would be awesome to head out and hit up a trail!

I'm trying to get rid of my odds and ends I'm not using - as for the exploder, HOA hell only allows 2 vehicles - now with 3 in the household something has got to go! I don't want to sell it but it's been sitting and feeling sad and lonely all summer since I bought the Tacoma. I needed a newer vehicle with more room and better highway manners. I haven't had the heart to list it yet... so who knows, it might just stay put for a bit. But I have the skid plate, the unused, shock mount skid plates that Brian1 made, the beefy new unused ubolts, inner fender flap dealys, one set of the EGR fender flares--might be sport/sport trac specific I don't know.... sigh. All stuff I never got to mount up. Hell I'd sell the swing away bumper tire carrier, would just need a bumper to put back on if I sold it. My original bumper is in my moms garage in Kansas, I suppose I could go get it too.

If you want any of this stuff let me know! Would love to sell locally to somebody who could use it. I have a whole box of stuff to root through.

WELL!! We do need to talk then. Leila is interested in a swing away tire carrier for her 1st gen, I'm sure it's not a drop in, but that's where years as a welding shop foreman may come in handy. I already sent RCI and email asking why the skid is only listed for 98-03 Explorers, still waiting a response. I'm going to PM you our number, would be easier to discuss through text or phone call. Plus whenever you're ready to hit a trail, we're pretty much ready at the drop of a hat, and practically being neighbors makes it even easier, plus we each wheel our own Explorers now.

I'm sad you may sell the Ex, wish I could adopt it, but I already have 2 cars and they cost me enough!! Although......I could use a sport more than my convertible living up here.........hmmmmmmm

Do you still have the rci skid plate for sale?

I would pick up this from you if you still have it, I am in Denver. Let me know, thanks.

Back